• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Torque Arms for Tranny

cjkeeliii

Does anybody have any transmission/transfer case torque arms they'd be willing to part with? It's a civilian application but it's supposed to fit cucv's also. My transfer case adapter is cracked and when I replace it I'd like to install those torque arms. I've looked online and can tell it's going to be a needle-in-a-haystack situation. Also, any pictures of the setup would be great. Thanks.

saveitforsunrise

just happend to see this, im from thomasville also, i did a tranny job on a suburban, i left this arm off that ran to the transfercase to the motor, is this what your tlking about? if so i have one laying around here somewhere

cjtroutt

CW2 26 BDE HHC S6
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can buy them at chevy dealer or PATC on line and word of the wise the front drive shaft need to be shorten up at least 1 inch when GM built the cucv and civi Chevy K30 or K35 GMC all the trucks and k20 k 10 and so on the front drive shaft was to long and the front leaf springs was to weak and or the truck was out fitted with a snow plow and so on.
It was a common repair even with tork bar in place it eather would blow the T case or so on and an adapter or transmission case busted.
I had to do repairs in the 83 - 85Chevy or GMC out fitted NP208 at the maint shop.
also if your front springs are neg arch look to see if the bumper block been in contact or if you have less than 4inch to the bumper block it out of speck.
As most of the cast iorn been busted the truck may have been fork lifted and stress the adapter and if it was broke on the top of the adapter it was droped and or sever off road abuse.2cents

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks