• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Torque arms

Jff24Gordn

Hi everybody.

OK so I have my old stude duce and I was out playin in the mud the other day. I managed to drop both rear driveshafts. The POS sprag t-case woudnt move its self on the front axle only. After I winched it out to dry land, I found out why the big bad OA331 was able to toss the shafts. I had massive torque arm failure. Both top arms came off and lost the rubber. I guess 40 years was enough on the rubber. I had a friend ride on the back with a crow bar to hold it together on the trip back to the house. The previous owner used dog chain to hold the rods on where the rubber was worn out. Is there a good cheep fix, or should I fix it like the rest of the truck, redneck style?
In the 6 months ive had this truck, all Ive done is put gas and oil in it. damn good if you ask me

Hookin1

You can get the rubbers for the torque arms or you can buy the whole arm.....you can try saturn surplus...or memphis equipment...if you have a press you can use buying the rubbers is cheaper..........also put your location in you profile please....

Hotshot

I replaced the bushings a few months ago on mine if I remember they were about $55 a peice.I did learn it takes a big press to get the old ones out I tried a 12 ton press to remove them and they wouldn't move ended up using a freinds 60 ton to get them out.You can use a smaller press to put them in though

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks