• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Torque Roads fore the M-35

oddnor

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello Gays and greatings from Norway.

I have to say this forum is s gold mine to find info an hints fore crazy collectors of green stuff.

I was out driving my M-624 down hill, and when turning I broke the torque end on the rear axle.

This is a major problem, because i can't get the broken rubber out, any so have experience with this.

I also have seen some insets in nylon some where on the net and now I can't find them any more.

Any so have any idea ore info let me now.

Some pics of my trucks, parked in a old bunker can take more pics fore the display

And it's not me in the jeep it's my oldest soon

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Odd, welcome to Steel Soldiers. Weren't you on Greensix with an M621 many years ago? I've not seen the nylon inserts before. Mine came apart on my tractor once. I had to use a highlift jack to jack it back in place then welded a bolt across it to hold it. The 624 is awesome looking. Are there many left?
Kenny

oddnor

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hei Kenny

Thanks

No I haven't been there, I had a trip down to Belgium and back , many years ago,
and run out of fuel in the first traffic light cross over, in Kiel on may way back.
Lucky me I stopped and roll down to a petrol pump , so I newer go any way with no fuel on the canes.

I have herad that to get the rubber out, it need a huge amount of pressure, but the rubber is out and the ring is still back in the housing on one torque end.

I try to do some work this week and see.

The M-624 is some left but not many , all on private hands I was lucky to have to , The M621 is there more of

Here in Norway the army now is using MAN inn all sizes

I'm also converting one up with power steering, it's a must when use diff lock on the front axle.

Regards
Odd

steelandcanvas

Hello Gays and greatings from Norway.​
I'm assuming English is probably a second language for you, and I enjoyed your post very much. However, if I may Sir, I would like to help you with your greeting on this post.

Hello Guys and Greetings from Norway. Guys refers to men in general, a sort of slang word we/I use quite often. Gays refers to homosexuals, a term straight men really don't want to be called. I did laugh when I first read your post, and thought I would help you clear things up. No harm done, and please continue to post. I always enjoy seeing photos of military vehicles from our friends in other countries.

I'll probably get blasted for this post! Just trying to help a Guy out!

Last edited:

Big Mike's Motor Pool

Supporting Vendor
when i changed mine i used a 40 ton iron worker electric hydraulic shear press. i was able to press a few out whole and a few blew apart and left the ring in like your broken one. i ended up using one of the ones that came out whole to press the rings out. i took a grinder to one that i used as the press tool to make the diameter slighty smaller so it would push out the other one and not get stuck in the rod arm

Barrman

I am curious about how the roof of the bunker is still white. I pull my multifuel into my shop, cut it off right away and I have a black fog for about 30 minutes. You must have a good ventilation system in that thing.

oddnor

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm assuming English is probably a second language for you, and I enjoyed your post very much. However, if I may Sir, I would like to help you with your greeting on this post.

Hello Guys and Greetings from Norway. Guys refers to men in general, a sort of slang word we/I use quite often. Gays refers to homosexuals, a term straight men really don't want to be called. I did laugh when I first read your post, and thought I would help you clear things up. No harm done, and please continue to post. I always enjoy seeing photos of military vehicles from our friends in other countries.

I'll probably get blasted for this post! Just trying to help a Guy out!

Hello.

thanks fore your explanation on the therm, I'm born and grown up on the
Country side in North Of Norway from my stand we can forget to be so "diplomatic" in language , both in writhing and talk.

If any now a marine so have been on Exercise in Norway , just ask them about
the language up North:grin:

It's newer to late to learn :oops:

oddnor

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hei All....

The bunker is from the war..one of many over here......

I normally have the big doors open when starting up inside, then air is leaving
Quickly in and out. .......take some pics in day light from outside....

Uff.... I have a big job to fix my problem...:cry:

And get parts.....

Let you all now how the work go.....

Odd

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks