• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Torque rods and bushings

Hookin1

First question.....how can you tell if the bushing is bad????second question is there any kind of adjustment on these????

I know it's probably been discussed b-4 but i have'nt found it

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
no adjustment, put a bar between the end and something ealse, pull on the bar a bit, if after release the end goes back then it ok, look for cracked rubber, or it being out of line, have someone watch the end as the tire goes over a 6x6 block, is the end pivoits like it was on a axle its bad, it should have a bit of rubber flex only

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
Just do a visual inspection for rotted rubber, missing rubber or where the bushing is being pushed out or if you see the rubber seperating from the metal, its pretty obvious when its time to change them. Mine are in need of replacement soon and I already have a box of replacements from Sam Winer motors who seemed to have the best price. There is no adjustment on them. I have seen a 5 ton that was used and abused as a water tanker and the torque rod bushings were ignored for so long that one day the rear most axle fell out from behind the truck while driving.

Hookin1

okay thanx.....my rear axel has started tracking to the left farther than middle axel....also my right front tire has started wearing really bad like maybae it's pushing to the right

m108

If you do have one pop off and try to push it back on with a high lift jack just to get home BE CAREFUL! it can slide off and give you a black eye. Ask me how I know!

mhb285

I have a question?
Theres suppose to be torque rods on the upper and lower for both sides right?
If so I just descovered that the upper right side of my truck is missing its 2 rods and axel brackets....
Is this a problem?
Just wondering..
Mike

JDToumanian

Here is a pic of a nice, high quality "field repair" that was done to the bushings on my 5-ton. If your bushings look like this, I think you could probably justify replacing them!

Attachments

Hookin1

well i checked all of mine going by the tm......and they are okay...found my problem was a bent rim it was out of round.....i guess buddy got a little rough with the fork truck when he was moving the truck around that i took the wheels and tires off of.....oh well had a spare rim...so i took it to the tire shop and had it swaped..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks