• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Touch-a-Truck, Ypsilanti, MI 5/9/2015

paradeduty

This one is coming up pretty quick. A lot of the Touch-a-Truck events around here that I have heard of are during the week (maybe so there might be more "municipal employees" available to man the city trucks, etc.) which I have a hard time making. This one is on a Saturday on 5/9/2015 from 9 to 12. Just wondering if anyone in the area might be interested in getting a few Military Vehicles together to put some wonder and amazement in some kids' eyes. Might be a fun way to start the summer. Dave.

P.S. - Couldn't get the "graphics" to copy over to the post. It kept on wanting to just insert the link to the graphic. Sorry guys, but it does have a bit of information in the text.

Please join us!

Success by 6 Great Start Collaborative
presents:

Saturday, May 9, 2015
9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Ypsilanti Community High School, 2095 Packard Rd, Ypsilanti

It's that time again! On Saturday, May 9th, thousands of people and a couple dozen big trucks will be at Ypsilanti Community High School, and we'd love for you to join them.

I am contacting you to see if your organization is interested in participating in Touch-a-Truck again this year. Like last year, Success by 6 Great Start Collaborative and the Great Start Parent Coalition are hosting this amazing event. We give kids of all ages a chance to get up close to some of their favorite vehicles and have the opportunity to sit in the driver's seat! At the same time, parents will be able to connect with many community organizations that offer support and resources to families with young children.

Interested in a Table?
While kids have the time of their lives, Touch a Truck connects parents with early childhood resources available in Washtenaw County. There is no charge to have a table at Touch-a-Truck, but we do ask that you let us know by April 15 if your organization would like one. Please click here to reserve your table. Last year we ran out of tables, so it's really important to reserve early! We'll send more details about what to bring and when to arrive as the event nears. http://bit.ly/TATtable

Looking to Volunteer?
We're looking for clubs, teams, businesses, and other organizations to volunteer the day of the event. Let us know your group is interested at http://bit.ly/TATvolunteer

Touch-a-Truck is made possible in part by the generous support of the Rotary Club of Ann Arbor.

Please share this information with others, and stay tuned for more on Touch a Truck 2015!

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gotta luv the enthusiasm of the TOUCHY-FEELY kids (both small and large) that attend the Touch-A-Truck events.

Here in San Angelo, TX the women's group - The Junior League - sponsors it locally.... This Saturday 4/18/15. I was planning to post an after action report for everyone's viewing enjoyment.

Wishing you great weather and awesome participation.

Don't forget to post pics ! ! !

Carry on.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks