• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Touch Pad Master Switch Repairs

Oldgrunt

I have a touch pad master switch on my Deuce that I have back feed and now doesn't work, have burnt a resister or something. I've been told that the resister can be replaced. Anyone know where to get one, and a check list or scamadic so that I can replace the correct part?

Brett

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Never seen a scamadic for that thing, may be proprietary.... Probably difficult to repair with surface mounted chips and all.
Follow gimpy's advice and install a real switch. The electronic one should have an on/off switch IMHO, like the warning label says "Do not start vehicle while radio (=electronic devices) is/are on"...

Attachments

ida34

Do a search. I had a thread on this with part numbers. Most of the time one or all of the four surface mount relays are bad. I had mine replaced but the relays are kind of expensive and I had an electronics person experienced in surface mount components to the repair for me. I am on dial up so I can't find the thread for you.

Oldgrunt

Does anyone else have the TM numbers to make the repairs ? I have looked high and low thru the TM's with no luck. I would really like to have the touch pad back in the truck and use the three lever for a spare.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Chuck, I searched ALL the threads you have started. No info found other than how to operate said switch. I did like the Red-Green show thread though. :p

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
the parts are available from places like digikey, i have one here i need to repair. if i had several to do at the same time it may be cost effective. the switches are only something like $125 new.

tom