• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Touch-up Paint for M1102

BadRobot

Can someone help me identify what color and paint number for my M1102 that I got from USMC Portmouth, VA, please? I ordered Rapco-34094 "383 Green but it did not match. I think it is more gray than green. Thanks.

464840_6262_0_0004.jpg

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You've got the right colour paint (and a good quality one) but it is not going to exactly match old faded paint, which is what is on the trailer. The CARC paint on military vehicles is known for fading, especially the black, which turns to a bluey-grey.

Rapco paints also need time to cure. They go on a little dark, and often with a bit of shine to them, but in about a week (depending on the weather/indoors-outdoors, etc) it will settle to the correct shade and sheen.

If you look at military trucks that have been in service long enough to get retouched here and there, they will have a blotchy appearance from mismatched paint fade.

Cheers

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks