• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Toughest beads I've ever seen!

DoubleE

Where am I going wrong? I cannot get the bead to break on my deuce wheels. I used my old racecar beadbreaker, 1 1/4 inch shaft inside a pipe with a 3x5/16 flat welded to it. Then took my 260 IH's loader bucket to it,just folds the tire over. I even bought a duckbill sledge to try what I saw in an effen youtube video. Crap!

DoubleE

Next thing I'm gonna try is the downriggers on my buddys bucket truck. They push in at an angle so I figure the tire won't fold over as easy

jdknech

take it to the local (big truck)tire shop.. I fought with my deuce rims all day once.. then found out the tire shop would break them down for $10 each.. money WELL spent in my book..

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You also might not be able to break the bead all the way around so using your bar, pry down just the area enough to expose the lock ring at one end. Then work around the tire, prying out only and never pulling up on the ring. Think you know when you get the ring off it should lay flat with both ends allmost meeting. Don't want to spring the ring.

I've done truck tires for a long time as a professional. Soapy water is all that is needed and that's all we use. A duck bill hammer us what is needed. I'll post a video tonight. I can break down a deuce rim in less then 5 minutes. DO NOT HIT HAMMER FACE TO HAMMER FACE!!!!!! THEY WILL SHATTER I'VE SEEN IT HAPPEN!

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
take it to the local (big truck)tire shop.. I fought with my deuce rims all day once.. then found out the tire shop would break them down for $10 each.. money WELL spent in my book..
JD and Wreckman are on point, the local tire shop knocks these wheels out in no time flat and won't spring/warp the lock ring, money well spent. They even cleaned and painted the lock rings.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks