• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tow bar from d rings on M1009

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nope, they all use a towbar adapter in place of the D rings. the adapter fits the D ring mount.

Floyd

BBQ Fan welcome to SS. The medium tow bar will hook up nicely to your CUCV. If you look hard enough you should be able to find one, every now and then you see them on e-Pay. Hows Bear Creek doing.

Floyd

bbqfan5909

I just read my post and the wording was not correct. I ment is there a tow bar out there that uses the D ring brackets? I want it to fit a 2 or 2 1/2 inch ball. If so, where might I find one of those?

aboonski

You would be better off using one of those pintle receivers that has the ball built in to use in a class III hitch, that way you could haul your truck with a medium towbar with the pintle ring. If you still want to use a ball for your towbar, someone on here made a towbar out of 2" tubular steel to fit over the shackle mounts on the CUCV but had to use spacers on either side for a tight fit. I'll see if I can find a link to the thread because it was a very professional job.

Rustmaster

How much do the tow bars usually sell for? I think i would like to get a set but i just play with the little trucks now, no deuce:cry:......Yet.

aboonski

I paid $600.00 for the one you see in the photo and it came with two sets of feet (3/4" pins and the 1" pins) and a set of brand new axle clamps. The one I bought was the reinforced type and appeared to have very little, if any use at all. I drove to Gainesville and bought it from a fellow SS member. If you buy one of these, shipping will be expensive because they weigh every bit of 200 pounds with all the accessories. Even if you don't have a big truck right now, if you see one of these for sale in your area, buy it and get the truck later! They are hard to find!

The photos show the reinforced portions of the towbar in case you wanted to see what that was all about.

Attachments

tm america

ya the medium tow bar would be great but if you are looking to tow it with your civy truck you might just look into getting one of those 100 dollar ones they sell at j c whitney for jeeps and other trucks with a flat bumper then make adapters to fit your d rings those have a 2 inch ball i have used the one i hav to pull a tow truck and other heavy trucks worked fine

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks