• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

tow rig?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Why not? Lots of guys have hauled stuff like that. Strap it down good and go!

Last edited:

LanceRobson

Once the towed load gets up to about 6K the truck will be noticeably less spry. You can tow more just be prepared for highway merge times measured in minutes and expect lots of up and down shifting on hills.

If the truck has the retrofitted tie down points they are more than strong enough to keep that load where it belongs. You can usually find them on epay by searching " M35 ties downs" or "military vehicle tie downs" or some such.

Lance

jackson76550

in my old tow rig i was hauling it on my trailer and it almost fell off......

could have had something to do with the wheel/tire combo that i hit head on at highway speed that came from an oncoming truck..... or the guardrail that tre trailer hit. so i guess it would take a lot for it to come up in the cab with me.

been kinda paranoid after that.

the bit of driving i did do with it in there......it drove just like it was unloaded, jeep only weighs in at about 4k though

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since your bed has no factory tie downs, I'd consider a strip of E-Track under each tire and a strap cinched down around the circumference of the tire. Then if you wanted to limit suspension travel, add some straps from the chassis to the bed. It kinda fits like a glove so it won't be too bad at all. I'm most paranoid about getting the back of my head run over.

jfnemt1ff1

Since your bed has no factory tie downs, I'd consider a strip of E-Track under each tire and a strap cinched down around the circumference of the tire. Then if you wanted to limit suspension travel, add some straps from the chassis to the bed. It kinda fits like a glove so it won't be too bad at all. I'm most paranoid about getting the back of my head run over.
Thats a good idea, have to keep that in the back of my head.
John

Farmun

I've been planning the exact same thing. Using the big Kaiser Jeep to haul the small Chrysler Jeep to the playground. (Actually thought about unloading the little jeep, parking it, and playing with the Deuce :-D). Haven't exactly figured out the loading ramps yet. Do yours hook over the tailgate when it's all the way down, or do they have flat plates for top feet?

My play ride is not near as tricked out as yours, but it's built enough to handle what I do.

tm america

how about some pics of the ramps ive had a couple of cars in the back of mine but none i cared about would be nice to see some pic of you loading it in the bed :roll:

rebel_raider

Yeah, thats no problem. My truck used to haul around a CJ-5 with a 302 and 44" boggers and pull an 18' car hauler with either my buggy or my friends buggy on the trailer. Pulled beautifully.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks