• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Towbar clevises/adaptors

cbvet

I know this has come up many times, but now it's my turn.
I finally got a towbar, but the clevises/adaptors that attach in place of the lifting shackles are missing. Does anyone know of a source?
I seem to recall someone had found some that could be modified to fit properly. That would be fine too, as I have access to a machine shop.
I have some good stuff I could trade, or I'll buy them.
Thanks,
Eric
CBVET

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
E-bay store...Austin Avaition. He has all kindsa of stuff. There is 40 or so pages with multiple listings for the same thing and with different prices. Look thru them all! I think Saturn might have them too.

FrankUSMC

I have one remaining set of the adapters that go on the axle for towing. $75 plus shipping from NC.
Thanks to every one who bought a set from me....I can now walk on that side on the garage.
One of the few, Frank

cbvet

Frank,
Never having had or used a towbar, is there an advantage in using adaptors that hook to the axle?
Seems like they would be a pain to put on, but I don't know.
Eric
CBVET

FrankUSMC

Eric
I would not know, I have owned several tow bars, but never had the chance to use one. I got the adapters at a DRMO sell. They were brand new and in a lot, I just wanted one set. So, I passed the savings on to the forum.
One of the few, Frank

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well Eric, what Frank has needs to be used in addition to the regular towbar adapters. The axle clams offer a secindary means of attaching a towbar and a lower mounting area for lift towing. The very same towbar adapters that are pinned to the lifting shackle mounts must also be used to attach the towbar to the axle clamps. The clamps are not an every day use item but when you need them, nothing takes their place. Wish I had the jack, love to have a spare set.

cbvet

Thanks guys,
I checked out the TM & see how all this is used.
So, I still need the adapters. Saturn's web site says they're out. Austin Aviation doesn't have the right type.
Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
Eric
CBVET

littlebob

I saw some towbar stuff on Ebay earlier today. I just went back and looked using " tow bar M35" in search and found eleven items Hope this helps
littlebob

cbvet

Thanks littlebob,
That's the Austin Aviation site. He's got one set that MIGHT work, but they don't look like the ones in the TM, & he wants $100.
Can anyone tell me:
Are the ones shown in the TM, with 2 sets of holes, 3/4 inch & 1 inch, the only ones I can use?
Eric
CBVET

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks