• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

towbar feet for m915-920

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
:roll: Me too, and it is listed in the classifieds....

I'm guessing he wants feet to fit a medium towbar.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
a medium might be to small for the 915/920 trucks, the next size up, the nonadjustable one might work

reb87

I have several adjustable bars and one nonadjustable... Ill go check but I think they use the same size pins...Im not familiar with a bar bigger than my nonadjustable one...It is as heavy as I would want to cart around...

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I have several adjustable bars and one nonadjustable... Ill go check but I think they use the same size pins...Im not familiar with a bar bigger than my nonadjustable one...It is as heavy as I would want to cart around...
try the TB FROM HE!!, about #350

reb87

I checked my towbars...The small adjustable one has 1 inch pins, the bigger nonadjustable one has 1.125 (1 1/2 pins....are there proper 915 feet for either of these bars or do I need to use one with 1.5 pins????

Last edited:

M1075

I checked my towbars...The small adjustable one has 1 inch pins, the bigger nonadjustable one has 1.125 (1 1/2 pins....are there proper 915 feet for either of these bars or do I need to use one with 1.5 pins????
Sounds like you have a medium towbar (adjustable) and a heavy medium (non-adjustable). It is very rare to find feet for a medium that will work properly with large trucks like M915 series. Standard 1" feet can/have been used with the M915 using the tow shackles in emergency situations (see thread by Streetbikedepot). Towbar was originally rated for up to 40,000# and up to M911 tractors (unladen).

The heavy medium non-adjustable towbar is a much better choice and is commonly available with the larger feet.

The heavy towbar will also work with the M915 series.

I have attached pics of a heavy and a comparison showing heavy and medium. I couldn't find pics of any of my heavy mediums.

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The tow bar I have in the classifieds is the same as whats in the picture on the left. All of it's pins are 1.5". I know it works on an M915.

It is what we all call the tow bar from he&&( heavy towbar)

reb87

Ok, Im interested in buying a heavy towbar...what kind of money are we talking?? I want some feet to work with my heavy medium bar as well...

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
1.125 = 1 1/8 not 1 1/2

M1075

Ok, Im interested in buying a heavy towbar...what kind of money are we talking?? I want some feet to work with my heavy medium bar as well...
Unlike medium towbars, heavy towbars are not very expensive. Like medium towbars, freight is a killer! I have an extra in OKC I can sell you if you come this way anytime soon!