• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

towbar I.D

123mack

I recently aquired a towbar which I need help identifying. Th OAL is 87 inches, and non adjustable. It is bigger than a medium adjustable. The pin holes measure 1 1/8" in diameter, as opposed to the 1.5" of a heavy towbar. Th spacing at the foot brackets measures 1 7/8".

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gimpyrobb and Poppop use this type regularly. Pretty durable bar. The feet that you need are not all that plentiful but they are out there!

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Yup, good bar ya got there. Just missed out on some feet for it a couple weeks ago on ebay. I will let you know if I come across any.

123mack

Thanks about the feet. The winches, antennas and 50cal ammo box brackets along with whatever other junk I can load up - maybe a crank up antenna mast are going to the GA rally.

123mack

The're Milemarker hydraulic winches off of HMMWVs. One has a full spool of cable and fairlead, $300.00 The other has about 3/4 spool of cable, no fairlead, $250.00

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had one of those a couple years back I pulled out of a junkyard. Sold it quick, didn't take long. I guess they are pretty sought after. That was the only one I ever found.

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nope, they are all gone. Only towbar on this end is a loaner from peecook, I still have to drive down to Richmond to bring it back.

I had about 30 towbars on the truck at Aberdeen 2009, I kept throwing them out there and buyers kept snatching them up. Before I knew it, I sold all the mediums I had, including my own personal one. Oh well, I'll replace it eventually.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those feet in the pic are NOT what you need, those are 1" on the towbar end and 1.5" on the vehicle end - used for pulling armored vehicles. You need the standard 1" on each end, they are much more common anyways.

6x6guy

I was told the upgrade version had a 3 inch colar welded at both ends of the tow bar brackets, on top of the existing butt weld pieces- and were the only ones to be ulitized due to side pressure failure of the tow bar. :roll:

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
6x6guy, your bar is a different tow bar. That is the modern "medium" tow bar. This one is bigger, heavy-er, and non-adjustable.

Yup George, I know.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks