• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tower Park

battlecr

Just an FYI to any halftrack guys that are going to Tower Park / Camp Delta don't forget we are having our 2nd annual Halftrack get together at Cabin 366 @ 1230 on Saturday April 20th. It was a good meet last year hope to see you again this year.fat lady sings

Don G.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Man, by the lack of conversation going on with most show threads, including the 2 on here in reference to Tower Park, I'm wondering if ANYONE is going to ANY SHOW this year. Economy must have everyone housebound.

battlecr

Yep it's been pretty quiet. Tower Park has become annual for me. I hang around with a bunch of Jeep guys. I won't have a s much money to spend on parts at the flea market but I don't want to miss it. Too much fun!

Don G.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
There is a info thread and a buy/sell/trade thread. Multiple threads on the same subject for the same purpose are not (and I am in concurrence) allowed.

The G503 has numerous threads on the event--to the point of dilution and still not much talk.

It's not the fact that the event is not getting much marketing and it is not just in reference to the Tower Park event...it is all the events. Aberdeen is just a few weeks away and very little traffic on B/S/T. Ditto for the NJ Show (2 weeks away). I just think it speaks volumes to the economy.

halftrackjack

i agree with you CARNAC. it will be interesting to see if that means there will be alot less people at tower this year.
my comment about marketing was meant to be humorous if you click on the link i posted above.

Major Asstyrd

I don't watch all vehicle specific forums here and didn't spot this thread earlier. I don't know about other event promoters but the MVCC advertises the Spring and Fall Camp Delta meets pretty well in a variety of paid and unpaid places. Enough so we usually have a wait list for campsites at the big April meet. Could be there is less web chatter because of the increased info out there plus a growing awareness of these meets especially the April one. It's an automatic thing people in the West plan for. Like waking up and making coffee.

It was good to see Carnac make the scene again last April. What a hard charger!

2014 info is in the Events forum here plus on www.MVCCNews.net. The Armor Showcase Presented by Hagerty Classic Vehicle Insurance will be the headliner in April. Spud guns were tried there for the first time last September and will return in April. Follow the campsite rental instructions or get a motel booked in Lodi

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Being an east coaster transplanted to TX, I must have missed the reputation. Or maybe I'm the reputation, Oh I get it. Why yes, my reputation always precedes me. After all, it does that when you're a king but doubly so when you're CARNAC. All I can say is, it was a fun and interesting time for me. I hope to make it in the spring but I may have a conflict with the Bataan Death March. Plan on doing that with the 'little' ones. Of course it'll probably be the death of me in my geezing, frail, fragily state.

battlecr

Well I hope we can meet up down there. IFFFFFFFF all goes according to plan, my friend and I will have our halftracks down there in 2014. We're trying to get a ramp down close as we will be bring them down on a high boy.

Don G.

quickfarms

I have been on the waiting list since last April for a space for my truck.

I sent an email today asking what spaces are available and the response was that none are available.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks