• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Towerguy1's New PIPELINE Deuce !

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow, good pictures!
That's a lot of mud, makes one wonder how the pipeline truck got in there in the first place...a heck of a place to park.

carguy455

pics

The camera I use is one of the first run of digitals, it is slow to "recover" and is not many pixels, kinda cheesy actually by todays standards, I surprise myself with what I manage to get with it actually. Every time I hold the camera out to get me in a pic my neck rolls out like I am 300 lbs and I look like Bibiddum the Michellin Man.....I should have kept my USAF flyers arctic cap on , it was a classy look !!

Back in "the day " I won several photo contests using my ol Minolta XG-1 or my Kodak Pony...now I couldnt even probably remember how to set the F stop on either...Years of drinking robbed me of that knowledge, but at least I still have an "eye" for it I guess, and we did have fun. We both have seen the cartoons on www.killfrog.com we kept qouting the 3 evil piggies all day { DIE ! DIE ! DIE ! } Spencer didnt get it, we just kept saying wierd shit and laughing alot, helped when we were physically exhausted from fighting the mud. Mike really busted his butt with the winch stuff, not easy going.

Going to get an engine sometime , somewhere...that should be a trip !!

Towerguy1

Im still sore from all the lugging, pulling, winching, stearing, Etc. !!!!! But Finally got it home !!!!!! Thanks for Gary "The Cameraman" Lots of great pics. Lots of fun., Now the M35A2 has a friend to play with!!

carguy455

Towerguy1 said:
Im still sore from all the lugging, pulling, winching, stearing, Etc. !!!!! But Finally got it home !!!!!! Thanks for Gary "The Cameraman" Lots of great pics. Lots of fun., Now the M35A2 has a friend to play with!!
Suprised you can even type after what you put yourself through Mike, did I mention Mike basically 'deadlifted" the transmission into the back of his deuce, this was after he took a junk one out of the pipleine backend and put it in the FRONT of Spenc's pickup all by himself !!!!!

Old farmboy is strong as a ox ! But I think the pipeline will help with some of the heavy lifting duties... :)

Glad I was there to "document" the mission , maybe if I had been a little more "aware" after the shear pin let go I would have realized Mike needed a little more "help"....lol...

I think those trucks went in there during one of our "drought" years , just glad its home ! Now we "both" have no excuses why we are not working on our deuces !

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
carguy455 & towerguy1,
I need a favor. Can you get several different close up pix of the roll bar/cage behind the cab? Also I was hoping you could get a measurement on the length of the bed?

That's the direction I would like to go, but am not sure how to do the setup. The roll bar/cage would be slightly modified to hold a locking tool box, jerry cans, and tire chains. And I need to incorporate some form of tire crane, though I may just purchase one from Harbor Freight and modify that instead.

thx.

LOVE THE STORY W/PIX!! ECELLENT!!!

jim

carguy455

Towerguy1 said:
I would love to tell the tail........ but I think Gary covered it all.......... what else can I say.......
Oh I bet you could think of SOMETHING to say ...{ DIE ! DIE ! DIE !....BALLS ! BALLS ! BALLS !......LOL ! } We didnt cover the fact that the outhouse at Spenc's was not functional anymore... :) :oops: :jumpin:

or how gravity is NOT a hoods friend .....There MUST be something I forgot ?? LOL LOL LOL ...... rofl

carguy455

Towerguy1 said:
Many "nice" words where muttered while I WORKED and Gary took PICTURES !!!!!! :!: :)

SOMEONE had to be an impartial observer , photojournalists are suppose to be neutral during military operations....I THOUGHT that applied to MILITIA operations as well..... rofl

carguy455

TREE Bird

Heres Mikes new car , says it also is "some assembly required" and " shouldnt take to long to get"...said something about squirels and exercise wheels......I think he was taking peyote again......the halucinations are beginning to become a problem.......... rofl

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks