• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Towing a 109a3 with a m35a2

reb87

I got two deuces on the norman ok sale and am planning on pulling one with the other. If I ran air lines from the back of the front truck to the back of the pulled truck, I am wondering if the brakes on the back truck will come on with the application of brakes on the front? What about hooking up the electric cable in the same manner? Will the tailights/turnsignals work on the back truck? Thanks,, Ross

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
No, there should be a check valve in there. You want to pull the air line from the air pack and thread a standard 3/8 quick connect air coupling in there. Run from the towing truck's glad hand to that and you are golden.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Assuming that the brakes work on the towed vehicle, you would have to run an airline from your left gladhand to the can on the back of the air pack to apply the brakes. AS far as lights, I've tried the feedback thing and it didn't work for me. If you have an e extra trailer plug, you can easily tap it and extend wires back and plug them directly into the towed trucks tail lights

Blood_of_Tyrants

Re: RE: Towing a 109a3 with a m35a2

Recovry4x4 said:
Assuming that the brakes work on the towed vehicle, you would have to run an airline from your left gladhand to the can on the back of the air pack to apply the brakes. AS far as lights, I've tried the feedback thing and it didn't work for me. If you have an e extra trailer plug, you can easily tap it and extend wires back and plug them directly into the towed trucks tail lights
Don't forget to disconnect the plug that goes to the turn signal lever.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: Towing a 109a3 with a m35a2

What I do is unplug the lights from the truck and plug in the trailer harness. At least thats what i used to do!

nattieleather

RE: Re: RE: Towing a 109a3 with a m35a2

I've done the same thing as Recovery... Using a trailer plug and some long lengths of wire with the mail connector on the end I've run them back 22-460,22-461 and 23 and a ground wire. Disconnect the lights and hook them up and you're golden. Just like pulling a big trailer. I've pulled a M292 (exspandible van duce) with a M35A2 with the lights hooked up like stated above and didn't worry about the brakes. It's just a very big trailer at that point. Don't forget to pull the drive shafts too.

hailstone

No, there should be a check valve in there. You want to pull the air line from the air pack and thread a standard 3/8 quick connect air coupling in there. Run from the towing truck's glad hand to that and you are golden.
What is the air pack and were is it located? I'm familiar with air brakes on semis. but I do not recall anything called an air pack. Sorry for the dumb question.

Ford Mechanic

What is the air pack and were is it located? I'm familiar with air brakes on semis. but I do not recall anything called an air pack. Sorry for the dumb question.
This post isn't...... He posted a question very recently to a old thread instead of opening a new one.

These trucks are air over hydro unlike semi's that are air braked. The air pack is equaled to a vacuum booster on a gas engined vehicle. It's located behind the master cylinder.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks