• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

towing a 5 ton

AMGeneral

Actually the Deuce ending up in a ditch was caused by another driver who was not paying attention to what side of the road they were driving on,I was procedding cautiously along a 2 lane road with hazard lights on not excedding about 25mph in low range on the Deuce.This particular driver came around a turn at an excessive rate of speed,on my side of the road,not paying attention at all to my situation.At the last possible second I swerved to avoid hitting the car head on and ended up with the deuce nose first in a 3 foot ditch on the road side.The offending car then stopped and the driver(a 17 year old boy)proceeded to cuss me out for driving on his side of the road!!At that point I just started walking home to get the wrecker.So in point of fact,it's not only the matter of weight and stopping power of the Deuce you have to worry about,but the driving ability (or lack thereof) of everyone else you will encounter on your trip home.Once again just my 2cents

Cdub

BKubu said:
For those who have never met Randy (EMR), he is a really nice guy. He restored a first class deuce and was using it a few years ago to pull trucks out of the mud at Churchville (Aberdeen show). Welcome, Randy.
Yes Bruce. I must agree.....Randy Erm was the first one to give me a chance to get a real up close look at a five ton. He spent all afternoon with me and answered all my question that I had about owning a MV. He is on heck of a GREAT GUY and helps out our MTA Northern Jersey Club 110%..........

Cheers,

Craig

Cdub

M1075, looks like you've got a great set up there

also lets let forget about the traffic behind us.......Tow lights in any maner are a good idea

Attachments

rwelker

Wow! What a hornet's nest I have opened up. Lots of opinions. I have contracted a neighbor with a 24 ton lowdeck who is going to haul it home. Safe, easy, reliable. Thanks all for your input.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks