• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Towing a 5TON 6X6

GILBERT2020

Hey men, selling my M62 wrecker and have a lot of guys asking if they could tow it with another wrecker. My question is, do you have to remove the drive lines when towing a 6X6? I remember when I was in the corps, we would just hook to them with a tow bar and pull. Never disconnected anything, just made sure she was in neutral. Thanks for any help.

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey men, selling my M62 wrecker and have a lot of guys asking if they could tow it with another wrecker. My question is, do you have to remove the drive lines when towing a 6X6? I remember when I was in the corps, we would just hook to them with a tow bar and pull. Never disconnected anything, just made sure she was in neutral. Thanks for any help.
I may be wrong, but you should be able to put the transmission and t-case in neutral and flat pull it.

G744

Steel Soldiers Supporter
At best, have someone in the towed wrecker to help steer.

At least, tie the steering wheel midpoint with a bungee or it will go full lock at the worst possible time after a turn.

Don't forget tacticals are meant to tow other tacticals. Make sure to hook up BOTH air hoses, and open the correct petcocks so the brakes (if servicable) will work on the load.

Dennis

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks