• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

towing a m101a1 with civvy truck

BSH

What do you intend to do with your trailer? Will it be a home utility trailer, always pulled behind your civvy truck(s)? Or will you be getting a deuce, CUCV, etc.?

By way of example, I don't anticipate that I'll have a mil truck anytime in the foreseeable future, and I want the trailer for just hauling stuff. I'm going to take the existing wiring harness completely out of my M101 and put a new 12V system in. If I thought I was getting a mil truck, I might do a bulb swap, or rig up new lights to the existing harness.

Mike_Pop

Stock 12 volt bulbs are #1156 with one filament, #1157 with two filaments. If you keep the 24 volt bulbs, they will be dim.

deucebigalo

actually i plan on this being solely used right now with my civy truck.....i am replacing the wiring with new wiring for a 12 volt system... i was wondering if it was needed to swapp out the bulbs. i see now that the existing bulbs will not be bright enough. so i have purchased new bulbs #1156 from a local pepboys im picking up the trailer on 2/25/08 from pa and doing the wiring at letterkenny befor i move it out.

isaiah

Re: RE: towing a m101a1 with civvy truck

Mike_Pop said:
Stock 12 volt bulbs are #1156 with one filament, #1157 with two filaments. If you keep the 24 volt bulbs, they will be dim.

I noticed they are very dim while towing with my M1028. So will they will get brighter with the 12 volt bulbs? why is that? :?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks