• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Towing advice for baggage trailer (not an MV)

StackJ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi,

This fall I purchased three flat utility trailers (48" wide x 114") similar to those used behind tugs at an Air Force base. I am trying to figure out how to tow them around my property with a normal truck. They have lunette rings and an extremely short throw. My concern is turning and ruining the bumper on my F150.

I know I can weld extensions and replace the lunettes but I was thinking that there might be other alternatives - something that doesn't involve lots of $$s and time.

Thanks in advance for your help!

StackJ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you Sir. We looked at this right after you posted. A bit concerned that the hitch frame will get torqued. After you posted the link, I found a lunette adapter. Also requires fabrication but that puts the weak end away from my truck. The upside with doing something like this is that I only would have to do one and then take it from trailer to trailer.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you Sir. We looked at this right after you posted. A bit concerned that the hitch frame will get torqued. After you posted the link, I found a lunette adapter. Also requires fabrication but that puts the weak end away from my truck. The upside with doing something like this is that I only would have to do one and then take it from trailer to trailer.
The military has a lunette extender that bolts to the lunette , nut it only adds a little over the length of the lunette. They come up on the rip-off auction site . I think beltfed on there had one listed awhile back.