• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Towing an M105 with civy truck

jimmcld

wsmIVokc said:
Works every time! With the proper size, it just takes a minute. It was interesting to find out that the shaft was tapered. That's why it doesn't just fall out after you loosen the nut.

Thanks for the help.

KRM_Bear

New Member Here - Placed my first bid at GL yesterday on a "M101-A1" at Norman OK - looks more like a 105 from the picture...

Just wanted to say thanks to all you been-there-and-done-that posters. Looks like I should be able to tow this beast home with my pick-up. :-D

If I get this thing, it will have a happy life hauling firewood and other stuff around the woods behind a dozer and tractor...

Barrman

Most of the "M101A1's" listed in OK this week were M105 trailers.

I flipped my other M105 lunette ring last night. Lots of Royal Purple penetrating oil and a big sledge hammer. Took about 15 minutes from first blow to the wrench to get the nut loose, knocking the lunette loose, cleaning up all the crud, smearing grease all over everything and then putting it back together.