• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

towing coverage

serp

does anyone know where you can get towing coverage for a deuce ? i live in nj. aaa club will not cover towing for the deuce. does anyone have coverage with a different co.

emr

wheather they like to tell U or not, anything attached to your vehicle is covered, if they told u no, its still covered, but they will drop u if u have an accident, but they will pay they have to, ...randy

Mike_Pop

It really depends on the insurance carrier. Some carriers require a rider on your policy. However, most insurers will insure anything that is attached to your vehicle. If you want extra coverage on the contents of what's on the trailer, you would need a rider.

Another way around this is to get commercial insurance which always covers trailers.

mangus580

I think you guys are missing what he wants...

He is after AAA for a deuce. So if it breaks down, he can get it towed home.

I know one of our members was workign on something like this before... I will touch base with him. Maybe I can get the project moving again.

Mike_Pop

Mike,

You are right. I missed the point and was just commenting on Randy Emr's post. I know AAA will not cover Unimogs.

mbal

I think that you will have a hard time finding a motor club to cover your vehicle, the motor clubs only pay the service provider a percentage of the call so once the service provider knows what has to be hauled he might just turn it down. AAA and cross country have medium towing for the motor home owners.

serp

i have jc taylor antique auto ins. on the deuce. i may switch to hagerty which has towing coverage for an extra premium. i have had the truck for a year . i have never needed a tow, but you never know.

tamangel

AAA towing?

I found two different statements from AAA:
regular membership towing
"Vehicles exceeding one-ton load capacity and trailers and trucks so heavily loaded as to interfere with the safe rendering of service will not be towed as a Membership service. Vehicles driven into areas that are dangerous or inadvisable for travel are not eligible to receive Emergency Road Service."

from a PA AAA site:
January / February 2007 - New Plus RV Membership
AAA introduces Plus RV coverage for additional peace of mind
AAA Central Penn members who drive an RV can now upgrade their memberships to include Emergency Road Service for that vehicle.

All members of a household must have AAA Plus memberships to take advantage of the AAA Plus RV coverage, which is only $35 annually for all AAA members in the household. In addition to the Plus member Emergency Road Service benefits members enrolled in Plus RV will have the peace of mind of AAA service when traveling in their RV. Eligible vehicles include motor homes, pickup trucks with campers, travel trailers and fifth-wheel travel trailers. The Plus RV package offers extended towing benefits at no additional cost. Members receive one tow per disablement for up to 100 miles in any direction from the point of breakdown to a destination of the member’s choice.
AAA Plus RV provides replacing the tire with the vehicle’s mounted spare. Also, at no additional cost, in the case of an RV running out of fuel, a sufficient amount of fuel to enable the member to reach the nearest service station will be delivered.
Plus RV provides coverage or reimbursement up to a $100 in parts and labor for locksmith service if required either to unlock the RV or make it operable.
In the case that an extended extrication service is necessary, the plan extends coverage to include the delivery of services by a second truck and operator for one hour at the scene. If the vehicle is unable to be operated after extrication, the RV will then be towed. If AAA’s RV service is requested and is unavailable at the place of disablement, AAA Plus RV coverage extends protection to include reimbursement at prevailing commercial rates for service obtained from a commercial facility nearest the breakdown location.

Mike

I'd be curious re: anyones experiences w/ organizations that have provided road service and/or towing as part of 'your membership'...

"All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others."
Animal Farm-George Orwell

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: AAA towing?

Towing coverage? That's why I have two deuces and a tow-bar.
I currently have policies with both JC Taylor and Hagerty. One of them has the towing coverage but I don't remember which one.

I used AAA plus Rv. I had them tow my M818 from Delaware to Northern NJ. I jost told AAA it was a class A RV. They put me in contact with a heavy towing company and they sent over the wrecker. When the guy got there he was a little confused I just told him it was registered as an RV. He never checked paper and we were on our way.