• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Towing from rear

choll

I have a heavy duty tow dolly, is there any reason that I can’t back my blazer on it and tow the vehicle with the front wheels on ground. I’m lazy and don’t want to disconnect the rear drive shaft.

cucvrus

It will not tow the best with most of the weight on the front axle. I think I would get unlazy and tow it forward. How far are you towing it? Is it possible to let it idle if the tow is not that long. Maybe it don't run. But it takes 5 minutes to disconnect the rear drive shaft and wire tie the end up on the frame. Tape the U joint caps and be on your way. I would NOT tow it backwards for many other reasons. Unless you are driving a wrecker that can handle the sway and has warning lights. Good Luck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks