• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

towing M818 backwards

sandcobra164

I did tow from the front, I replaced the damaged hook. I mentioned that earlier. The axle clamps look neat though. I saw a pair on Ebay but I don't know if I'm going to encounter this problem enough to need a pair. I simply beat the bumper back into shape with a sledge hammer and pushed it backwards with the forks of a forklift so that I could replace the broken towing hook. This was the first broken tow hook I've encountered. It broke the rear ear off and bent the snot out of the bumper from the front two bolts holding and pulling.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks