• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

towing/recovery charges

oldMan99

Ok maybe I should make myself clear im notbtalking about pulling someone out of a ditch. I was talking about driving out into the woods and pulling a lifted chevy that is trailered in out of a hole
I pretty much understood that from the begining. However....

If you are getting paid in any way for the service then you are acting as a professional and would be required to have licenses, insurance and so forth.

Would you be likely to "Get away with it"? Probably, most likely, almost certainly. If something should go wrong and somebody gets hurt or killed? I bet your normal private vehicle insurance will not cover it, especially after the insurance investigator speaks to the injured party, or their friends/family and they say you were getting paid. Even reimbursement for gas money can be considered "Pay"

Thinking of advertising? Business cards? A sign at the local 4x4 shop? Expect sooner or later a call from some public official wanting to see your business license and insurance info.

When you go from "Friend helping friend" to a person being paid in any way, things change drastically from a legal and liability standpoint.

The US Court system is full of people with good intentions that somehow went awry.

As I noted above, All adults are responsible for their own actions. Act accordingly.

Best of luck, have fun and be careful.. :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks