• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Towing with an M1008

Xs10tial

So, my girl and I were out shopping for travel trailers and found a deal that we absolutely couldn't pass up on a NEW never used or titled 2006 29' camper. As my boat's been in the shop in slower lower for the past 10 months, I haven't had a chance to tow with the M1008 yet, and was a little concerned having a new 6600# trailer be my first test! I figured since it was only a 40 minute drive, what's the worst that could happen??

So, I drop the truck off at the dealer at 9 AM this morning for them to install a brake controller, install the load balancing bars, sway bars and prep the camper for delivery (all of which they threw in for $0!)

4 pm I arrive at the dealer, fork over the check and say our merry goodbyes. I was more than a little apprehensive pulling out of the lot, but here's what I've found:

The M1008 is an ABSOLUTE BEAST!! Pulled the weight easily, if not quickly/ Took about 30 seconds to reach 55 mph (63-64 on the speedo = 55 on the GPS with stock MILSPEC tires). I was really very pleased with the way the truck handled and performed my first time pulling.

Attachments

ctmustang

The 1008 is geared great for pulling that weight and that stack of springs on the rear axle is there for just that reason. Nice looking rig. Enjoy that trailer. I've been entertaining the same thought but sure is easy to just throw the tent and equipment in one of the deuces and off we go.
CT

Xs10tial

Desert tan..... lol.

:nothingfunny:

CT: If a trip to delaware isn't out of the question for you, these guys are the best. I've never met a nicer bunch of folks in the RV business.

forrestparker.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks