• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Towqing a pair of M-332 ammo trailers !

jason@snakeriver

A friend and I went down to Hill AFB where we had bought 4 M-332 ammo trailers for $130.00 each. We hooked 2 each behind a 1/2 ton GMC PU and 2 behind a 1/2 ton van.
Going down a hill in Utah, my friend hit the brakes a little hard, I looked back in the rear view mirror and saw the rear trailer whipping back and forth on one wheel to the other, about a 3 foot swing. :roll: I thought "OH SH--" he is going to BIFF IT".
He stepped on the gas the trailer pulled out of it. We were trying to go about 50 to 55 mph with some success. But after that inncident we were real carefull about going down hills and braking.
I know we should not have pulled them in tandem, but hey, they were cheap :lol: Tom

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've have documented this same experience here previously. The moral of the story is...never do this again. I learned my lesson. I did not read the manual BEFORE towing two M332s. The manual clearly states that you should NEVER exceed 15 mph while towing these in tandem. You (and I) got very lucky. My trailer did the same thing as yours. Had you wrecked, you might have hurt someone. Had that happened, your day would have gone from bad to worse. Worse yet, the hobby would have taken a hit. I can say that I think about the hobby when doing things these days. I will not tow two of these trailers together again.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks