• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Toyota corolla vs. 13,000 lb truck !

N1265

I doubt that you could get any money out of them because of any damage to your truck ( because I cant see any damage to your truck )

However you should be able to get about 2 million for undue mental stress because this toyoda rubbed up against your truck, possiably giving it cooties :)

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe next time she will walk over.

FrankUSMC

Years ago, a guy wrote a story about his half track in Army Motors (MVPA magazine). One part of the story he has parked his half track at a shop and is inside having coffee. A car looses control goes though the parking lot and hits his half track. It damages the running board, but does a lot of major damage to the car. He fixes the running board himself because it was not that bad. The funny part is, the car insurance company keeps calling him to put in a claim, they do not beleive him when he keeps telling them there was no damage.
One of the few, Frank

vbrescueman

I talked to her husband the night it happened. He said he wanted to make me 'aware' of the accident in case there was any damage to the truck...he-he. I asked if his wife was blind. He didn't like that much. He really didn't like having to explain to his insurance company what type of truck it was...the claims adjustor asked if his wife was blind... :shock:
I can hear it now..."honest officer, I didn't see that 13,000lb truck...no, I haven't been drinking..."

M35A2

vbrescueman said:
I talked to her husband the night it happened. He said he wanted to make me 'aware' of the accident in case there was any damage to the truck...he-he. I asked if his wife was blind. He didn't like that much. He really didn't like having to explain to his insurance company what type of truck it was...the claims adjustor asked if his wife was blind... :shock:
I can hear it now..."honest officer, I didn't see that 13,000lb truck...no, I haven't been drinking..."

Maybe she didn't see it because of the green paint job. She might have mistook it for a tree....

FrankUSMC

Did any one read, again, I think it was in Army Motors, were in...I will not name the state (hint, it is long and on the west caost), a guy was driving his M1008 and a lady pulled out in front of him. His truck and her car were badly damaged. Her insurance took him to court saying she did not see him because of the camuflauge paint. The guy driving said the lady did not even look in his direction, just pulled out. They never printed the out come of the wreak. Think about if they ruled against him, the lawers would have a field day! Black cars at night, white cars in snow....
One of the few, Frank

rice

I have a 1977 M35A2 that had 2200 gallons of water on the back on the way to a fire. A toyota pickup crossed the center line hitting him head on. Needless to say the Toyota truck and driver were history. It knocked the front axle completely loose, knocking off the steps and fuel tank as it went back. It did knock a hole in the oil pan and broke the steering arm off where it came through the frame. No frame damage though. They agreed the tank was actually too big, but it would have been the same results if he'd had a 1000 gallons.

rice

Toyota`s must be attracted to bigger trucks. My 97 Dodge dually totalled a 2002 Toyota before I bought it. It got hit in the back by an 18 wheeler and knocked into the Toyota in front. Totalled the Toyota and I just had to replace the upper control arm and straighten the bumper on the front. I had to do quite a bit more where it got hit by the 18 wheeler.

NEIOWA

rice said:
I have a 1977 M35A2 that had 2200 gallons of water on the back on the way to a fire. A toyota pickup crossed the center line hitting him head on. Needless to say the Toyota truck and driver were history. It knocked the front axle completely loose, knocking off the steps and fuel tack as it went back. It did knock a hole in the oil pan and broke the steering arm off where it came through the frame. No frame damage though. They agreed the tank was actually too big, but it would have been the same results if he'd had a 1000 gallons.
Good lord. 2200gal on a duece??? Insane for a 6x6 fire truck. 1200gal is the right load for a 5ton.