• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Toyota Tundra Seat install in a Deuce.

colelkhunter

Got these seats from a friend for free and my other idea for seats fell threw so I thought I would give them a try. Think I struck gold. Very comfortable, not to tall. Roomy for the bigger boys as well. Checked with my local salvage yard and was quoted a pair for 50.00 so they are cheap. I am guessing any import truck with bucket seats would work, this is just what I had. Plan to get neoprene covers made for them to make them waterproof and OD green.

OK step one remove the seat s from your deuce and cutoff the back off the seat frame, pic 1. Then remove the two side bars from the seat frame, pic 2. Measure and cut flat steel to make the frame wide enough to support your desired seat and weld into place. There is room here to bolt the plates on as well, I just prefer welded. The seats I used had a nice flat slider bottom and brackets at each corner to bolt to the floor of the truck. I removed them so that the slider was nice and flat. 18.5" if I remember correctly was center to center. Weld them to your flat stock on the seat base, pic 3. I wanted mine mounted as low as possible so that I could adjust it the way I wanted. I also have a little meat on the bones and wanted belly room under the steering wheel. Pic4 shows the seat in all it's glory. It looks close but when you sit down in it, all is well. VERY comfortable and has a head rest. Installed the seat and had enough room to slide it to a comfortable position and still have room in the back. Pic 5 shows the passenger seat. It's bottom was modded the same way and the bench seat frame was cutdown to fit the seat bottom. Leaving room in the center for a console of some kind. Start to finish this took me about 2 hours and didn't cost me anything. I used scrap flat stock that was laying around the shop. I will be doing this mod to every deuce that I ever get, that is how happy I am with the setup. Question? Observations? Let's hear them.

Attachments

colelkhunter

Like everything else in this world it looks tighter in the pics than in person.rofl

When I get my 220lb butt in it, it is perfection. Got plenty of room, actually I could go a little higher. Dave your Ducttape is serving as my "all purpose center drink holding device" until the center console is built, anyways. I like this setup alot.

colelkhunter

found some on egay in either tan or Dark green. I am waiting until the truck is painted to order some. I may paint this truck tan with a arctic/temperate MERDC pattern. If I do that it will be ok with the tan I think.

colelkhunter

my military days of being lean and mean are over. Now I am all about being comfortable, fat is comfortable. You know now that I think of it I don't remember ever seeing a picture of Jenny Craig.........wonder why that is. Probably becasue she can't pull a fork out of her mouth long enough to take a pic. You will go broke trying to get full eating her food anyhow......4oz servings, sweet baby jesus please!

colelkhunter

I can promise you, the seats that now reside in my truck are much stronger,secure and safer than the ones that were removed. Didn't modify the seat belts in any way. That is what would be a no go for the insurance company I would think. If you want to consult your insurance company for any mod then go ahead. I can think of lots of other mods that would anger the insurance gods besides seats.

papercu

Well, for a Deuce even the seatbelts was a mod. so I don't think they would pass either.
Factory seatbelt and seats go though all kinds of testing and the car makers still get sued.
I plan on adding some custom seats (in a different type vehicle) so just looking to see if anyone has checked. Wayne

panshark

I think that insurance covering you in case of an accident depends largely on which insurance company is covering you. I'm sure there are those on this site that have dealt with many more insurance adjusters than I have, but some companies are worse than others.

I remember reading a post about a claim getting denied because the truck was camoflauge, and was SUPPOSED to be hard to see! (Prime example of a stomach-wrenching experience of having to deal with an insurance adjuster.)

If someone does get the ok from the insurance company for a modification, request a confirmation letter, or anything that protects you with a paper trail.

In my personal experience, I had my Duece with Allstate for a while, but dropped them after hearing consistent stories about how hard it is to get them to pay. If you want to find an insurance that will cover you well, talk with a body shop owner, they see how insurance companies pay out on claims all the time, and they're unbiased. FWIW, I switched to State Farm because I was impressed by how local adjusters worked hard to settle claims quickly.

Your results may vary.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks