• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Track width difference

spectre6000

I was walking toward my driveway just now and noticed that my new 33X10.50 tires fill the front wheel wells out nicely (the outside of the tires is even with the body). The rears are narrower than the body though... Tires are the same front to back, wheels are the same offset, the body work is straight as an arrow, so all I can figure is that the axles have a different track width... Unless the body is subtly wedge shaped in a way I wasn't aware. Is that how it's supposed to be? I'm pretty sure the only time staggered track width is biased like that is on Morgans...

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is normal.

Been discussed several times.

Buckmaw

And this is a major problem if you ever get your CUCV off the pavement and into some mud. The rear swings left/right from one rut to the other.

I found a pair of wheels that look VERY similar to stock CUCV wheels, but they had a different offset and now it tracks straight in the mud and still looks stock.

rsh4364

I kinda like a rear that swings left to right.LOL.But seriously If you have measurements for the offset rear wheels I wish you would share.Would deff. help in the looks department!