• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tracking of Military Vehicles

dclaspill

I do not own a military vehicle, I would love to have a couple but with the size of my family its hard. I did serve 6 year in the Navy, and survived 3 tours to Iraq. But my brother inlaw just got a M998 and was asking me if I was able to track the history of his. I told him to get me the serial number and I would look into it and see what I could do. Does any one know where to start looking in to this? I would really like to help him out, so any help you guys can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Google the unit number that is painted on the vehicle, you'll at least find the unit that had it. Then read up on the unit's history. It is all out there.

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We used to have access to Army vehicles. The member that had the access is no longer able to provide that Intel.

AZK9

Best of luck researching your truck information. When I first started trying to dig up data about my
M35A2, I seemed to hit quite a few 'dead ends' and after several days, became kind of frustrated.

But... after doing more reading of related threads, here on the SteelSoldiers forum... I was able to go
back out on 'the internet' in general and oncover the truck history I was interest in finding.

I still have not completed my search to my liking, so as I learn more from clues and tips gained... I hope
to discover a more in-depth understanding of the 'Life-n-Times' my truck has experienced since it rolled
off the assembly line back in 1970.

It appears there are no more easy access pathways available for truck history, but having said that... the
adventure of discovering that history remains alive in those of us interested in 'leaving no stone unturned',
in our quest towards knowing more about our MV's and the soldiers who used them in the defense of freedom.

It seems as though you and your brother-inlaw are pretty close. Maybe this truck-history-search could be a mission
you could both enjoy together.

Just my thoughts. 2cents And again... I wish you the best in your quest!

Welcome from Arizona! And... Thank you for your service!
It's nice to have you onboard! [thumbzup]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks