• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tractor Wheeled Aircraft A/S32A-30A engine

Needle

The 30A has a Continental TMD-27 4 cyl diesel with 3 speed auto trans. (Ironically, I have just picked up one today.)
Dug, is the pub 19.40-320? I will probably need to get hold of a copy. Do you know if it contains any part numbers I can cross match?
All I appear to be missing (other than fluids) are the oil filter, fuel filter and battery.

Thanks.

Last edited:

EnteJager

I'm picking one up in a week or so, let me know how you are making out with the parts x-reference,. If I can get a pm with the manual it would be appreciated.
mine is going to be used to pull a helicopter in and out of a hangar.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm picking one up in a week or so, let me know how you are making out with the parts x-reference,. If I can get a pm with the manual it would be appreciated.
mine is going to be used to pull a helicopter in and out of a hangar.
Manuals sent. LMK if they arrived ok.

EnteJager

Oil filter is a fram PH-43, NAPA- 91068.

Got mine to fire up and run for 30-40 sec before cutting out. Radiator very rusty, need new exhaust (fork lift crushed).

Vlad308

Im going to breath some new life into this thread...

I have one Im trying to get back running. I believe I have narrowed the issue down to the neutral safety switch. Before I go and pull this one out does anyone have a working p/n I can cross reference?

Vlad308

Ok I got the old one out and was able to cross it to an AC Delco p/n 2926495. Based on that it seems this is a Chrysler transmission.

EDIT: In a reply from the manufacturer (NMC-Wollard in this case) the factory part number is NW017444 cost of $36.58, and a 20 day wait.

Last edited:

EwaMarine

unnamed (6).jpgunnamed (3).jpgunnamed (8).jpgunnamed (6).jpgunnamed (7).jpgunnamedC52UXTG2.jpg We just got this for the Naval Air Museum.... but all lines are removed, she's purged, and no manuals or air / fuel/ oil filters. Can't move it till its fixed. It had 149 hours since depot overhaul two years ago..anyone know were the heck we start???

rustystud

Get engine running, then transmission and differential. Then brakes. After that you can get the air system up and running. Several years ago I had to get one working. Remember to compartmentalize it. Don't let it overwhelm you. It will take time though. I had to get one running while still performing my other duties of rebuilding transmissions and differentials.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks