• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

trade a m35a3 for a 5 ton tractor?

snellysnell

Hey everyone,

Here is the deal. I have a m35a3 that has 10000 mile and 800 hours
clean truck and little rust, hard top and troop cover. and a trailer m101a3
Then there is the guy who wants my truck and trailer. He would like to give me
2500cash and his 5 ton tractor (wich is verry nice) desert storm paint.
I feel like this is a little low however I dont know the value of the tractor.
I have just the deuce listed at 8000 so I am wondering what you all think is a fair deal and what you all think the mv's are worth. especially the 5 ton tractor as i know these are popular.

Sorry no pics at this time ill try to post later

Thanks Patrick AKA Snelly

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Which 5-ton tractor? My M818 last summer was just under $4K with GL fees and taxes. Tan with just a few hundred miles since a frame-up rebuild (thank you to the tax payers).

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A lot depends on what your needs are. Do you need a 5 ton tractor? Do you need the A3? Or do you just play with them and have no practical use for either of them? If your A3 and 101A3 trailer are in good shape as you indicated, I would think the offer is way low. Also, you will need a CDL for the tractor but not for the A3.

2cents

ARYankee

I would say it depends on who you are and what you want. I think it is a good deal since I am wanting a 5 ton tractor. Plus he is offering 2500 along with the trade.....

snellysnell

The mv is just a toy for me , i have a large plow that i could put on the 2 1/2.
but just for kicks a tractor would be cool. i think its low too and i sent out an email askin
for more$$$$ ill just get another m35a3 and another and another ill get some pics and we can id this tractor

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I paid $3750 for a near excellent CARC M818 with 7000 miles. It needed the injection pump but otherwise was OK and I drove it from IL to TX. The price was considered high by GL M818 standards. You may be trading down in value unless you need the tractor for customization or to pull stuff. 818 only does 50MPH and gets 6MPG BTW. The A3 is worth more if as you describe. If the 818 has absolutely no problems except a little rust as is normal, I would say $3500 offset is more appropriate. $2500 is not unfair, just low in my opinion.