• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trail ride southern new jersey

TURKEY131

Well I think that we are do for another Pines Trail Ride. [thumbzup]

1) Start time will be 0900hrs on Sunday 11/14/10. Hit the trails around 1000hrs
2)Rendezvous will be Batsto parking lot
3)Open to Military or 4x4 Civilian vehicles.

Will need some good guides and the trails should be big enough for a Deuce.

If anyone has any suggestions let me know. If the date is not good for most then we can change it. Or if a different location is better feel free to let me know.

PaFarmer

I'll talk to my Dad. He ran his H2 a few years ago. Just ran Rausch Creek in Deuces.

TURKEY131

A little over a week to go anyone else interested? Still need someone that has some knowledge of the trails. If not I sure we can wing it. Maybe even a little more fun.

rickf

I would offer to guide but I stay away from the woods now since they have made ANY kind of wheeling illegal in the pinelands. If you have QQ tags they will chase you out also since you are obviously not at a show. If you are caught off of the road in the mud they WILL impound your vehicle and the chances of getting it back are slim. Not trying to rain on your event, just some up front info. You might want to check with a ranger office ahead of time to make sure all is on the up and up.

Rick

FormerNewMVGuy

I would offer to guide but I stay away from the woods now since they have made ANY kind of wheeling illegal in the pinelands. If you have QQ tags they will chase you out also since you are obviously not at a show. If you are caught off of the road in the mud they WILL impound your vehicle and the chances of getting it back are slim. Not trying to rain on your event, just some up front info. You might want to check with a ranger office ahead of time to make sure all is on the up and up.

Rick

I was just told about this new policy yesterday, I guess somebody musta really ripped up some ground down there?
I also heard that MV's are really frowned upon, any truth to that rumor?

TURKEY131

I just spoke with with fish and game about this and he said as long as the vehicle is registered and insured and that you stick to established roads there is no problem. So if anyone wants to still go just let me know.

rickf

Also make sure you have NO, NONE, ZIPPO alcohol with you. They will inspect coolers and fine by the bottle. If you have QQ tags be prepared to have to leave. Fish and Game has absolutely nothing to do with this so the info they gave you is only half true. This is state forest and the rangers are the ones you have to talk to. The rangers are a division of the NJ State Police. It is true that you can drive back there with a properly registered vehicle now think, what are the restrictions on antique vehicle tags? To and from a sanctioned show and no night time driving. Sounds stupid right? That is the law and I can guarantee they will interpret it that way in the woods. It is your call, all I am saying is be careful, very careful. I love those woods and pinelands and I have traveled every road and trail many, many times in years past. I will very seldom go there any more because of the hassles. I have been stopped in my F350 in street trim while taking pictures and warned to stay on the trails. It was obvious that my truck is not set up for four wheeling but I still get the treatment. Where are you planning to start and travel to? I might be able to make a couple of suggestions based on where you are starting and the size of the vehicles.

Rick

rickf

I know for a fact that Taylor does in fact but Haggerty does not. That is why I have Haggerty. What I am talking about though is the antique "QQ" registration from NJ. THAT does restrict night time driving and mileage and to and from shows only. Although they do not enforce it you are technically allowed to go for a day trip with QQ tags.

ETBaals

QQ tags

Hi
The QQ thing is not a problem, if the run is a club function, Also, when did the nighttime reg for QQs appear ?
I have 13 sets now on varous cars and trucks and have never heard about that.
Day trips can also be done, If the trip is listed as club tour.
It all depends on how the activity is set up.

Ernie

TURKEY131

Here is the definition from title 39: 39:3-27.3 "Historic motor vehicle" shall mean any motor vehicle which is at least 25 years old and which is owned as a collector's item and used solely for exhibition and educational purposes by the owner. I would say that this is a exhibition, so no worries. The rangers are now the State Park Police. I know this because I was talking to one of them in the September and he told me they had changed their title.

rickf

What ever you want to do. If you want to get dirty, go for it! A couple years ago we found some crazy mud holes. :mrgreen:

Let me know how you make out on this part, There are no mud holes on the established trails. The mud holes are the reason they are so anal about the rules now.
Ernie, I also have a few sets of QQ tags. It has been a while since I got them but the paperwork that comes with them explains the restrictions. Night time use is one of them, never enforced but there. I can guarantee you that a ranger with a case of the a** will enforce every rule in the book. I am Sure Cheif ranger Langton has retired by now but he is the one that told me about the QQ's in the woods and their orders were to not allow it.

If you going to quote 39: 39:3-27.3 then quote the whole statute, it is about three pages.

You say this is an organized event? Whose banner is it organized under? who has the insurance coverage for the club? Is this going under the MVPA? I ask these questions because our club years ago went through this. A group of people getting together is not an organized function.

You guy's do what you want and I hope you have a blast, I would love to go but I just can't take the chance.

Good luck, have fun.

Rick

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks