• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trailer Bow parts ???

Man of Steel

Hello, I am kind of new to the site so bear with me. I am starting to rebuild an old 101 trailer and with the trailer came some old bows parts. I need to identify the flat bars that are in the photos. Some of the flat plates are long and some short. I am going to guess that they sandwich on both sides of a piece of wood the size that goes in the bow (in photo) then slips into the side pockets??? Looked for the breakdown of the bows in all the TM's for the trailers/bows. Any help would be nice.
Thanks much:)

Attachments

3dAngus

Which M101? M101A1? A2? Surely not the A3.
I don't have those flat plates on my M101A2. Never seen them on any M101A3.
Never seen a M101A1 closeup in person, but I'll probably own one before the end of the month.
They just don't look like they belong to any trailer. Maybe someone else will be more informative if they do.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Early 101 bow stakes had thin sheet metal wrapped around the ends where they fit into the stake side. Nothing like the pieces you have Man of Steel , and pretty sure also that is a duce corner.

Attachments

Man of Steel

101A1 Trailer

I must add that they were in the trailer with a few other items. Maybe parts that someone left in the trailer from something else. The corner kinda looks like a deuce part but maybe it's a M80 too. My 25 years in the Army was mostly in aviation so don't remember the vehicles to much, but learning now.

Thanks

indy4x4fab

Banned
I must add that they were in the trailer with a few other items. Maybe parts that someone left in the trailer from something else. The corner kinda looks like a deuce part but maybe it's a M80 too. My 25 years in the Army was mostly in aviation so don't remember the vehicles to much, but learning now.

Thanks
m50, m809 and m939s use a wider and larger corner as well its an m35 corner.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
See, all these years of dealing with this stuff and I'm still learing daily! Thanks Sir

indy4x4fab

Banned
M35 bows will fit in the 5 ton pockets no problem but the 5 ton bows are a hair bigger and will bot fit in to a m35 bed post hole. I thought the same thing until I had them laying side by side. Now of course the top bows on the 5 tons is longer then the m35 bow, due to the fact the bed is wider, But we all know that's a given.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Now I'm confused. The bow corner thing threw me a curve. I've never seen different corners but I know bows are the same. The only deuce beds that are narrower are the M34 and M135 beds.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks