• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trailer Connector - M1028 to M101??? Help!

Makincold

So I go to hook up my M101A2 trailer for the first time to my M1028...
ASSUMING... :-( that the connector plugged right in...
Big surprise they are totally different and both male connectors?
After 30 minutes of searching here I'm thinking the trailer looks right but the truck seems wrong?
So pic 1 and 2 are on the truck a 7 pin male connector
Pic 3 is the 12 pin male connector on the trailer

Whats wrong with this? is the truck correct and I need to change the trailer? or is the trailer correct and I need to change the truck?

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Trailer is correct.

ryan77

Assuming they didnt butcher your rear wiring get the correct receptacle off a member here or a vendor!!!

ryan77

The truck? I had one missing on one off my m1009, I got it of fleebay and it plugged right in, your trailer has the correct plug, they added a civi trailer connector on your bumper you might have a electric trailer brake box under your dash to!!!!!

jmassenga

As stated, trailer is fine, truck is converted to a civy connector. Look under the bumper and see if the weatherpack plugs are still in the harness. If they are you can easily unplug and remove the civy plug and plug in a original CUCV one and be good to go relatively easily. Otherwise you'll have to splice in the weatherpack connectors to use the CUCV plug. Still not hard.

Makincold

I'll check tonight whats under there, it was just a big suprise when I went to plug it in!
Guess the other thing I figured out is I need to change the bulbs to LED when I do straighten out the connector issue
Thanks for all the help!

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes - changing the bulbs to LED's is the way to go. That and make up an adapter for the civi applications. Your existing round/7 pin recepticle is universal on commercial vehicles. I would leave it, and add the MV recepticle to the other side. That anf the LED's will give you the ability to hook onto both 12 & 24 Volt vehicles.

Makincold

Ok, so my short term solution was finding a 7-pin round to 4-pin flat adapter and I have a set of magnetic lights in 12 v. This will get me by for the short trip I need to make
I also am adding a deuce bed to my M818 and will be removing all the "Stuff" behind the cab and I noticed a connector and cover there that I will add later to the other side of the bumper of the M1028 once I remove it. I'll keep the 7-pin setup with adapter and magnetic lights for civy trailers in the future

I wonder why Naval Weapons Station - Charleston where the truck came from removed the military connector in favor of the 7-pin civy connector?

Thanks for all the replies!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks