• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trailer electric plug

Oldgrunt

This may have been covered before, I havent seen a thread, but does any one know the secret to removing the pin portion on the male end of the light plug? The one that I have has the pins turned so that it does not line up properly with the female end.

Old Grunt

Militoy

Each series of military connectors that have crimp-style (not solder cup) pins have dedicated tools to extract pins for rework. Some of the tools are cheap, disposable plastic ones that come bagged with the new connector. Others are high-$, serious reusable tools. They all work in a similar way - they slip down the side of the pin to push in the detent mechanism and release the pin. I don't have a deuce, so I'm not sure which connector you have. If the connector is marked with an MS number, I may be able to help you with the tool. (example of a smaller reusable one below)

Attachments

Oldgrunt

Thanks Militoy, I will try to get a picture of the plug and get it on the site, maybe that will help. I am really surprised that there has not been any more responces than this, does everyone just throw away the old cords and get new ones?

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
..... I am really surprised that there has not been any more responses than this, does everyone just throw away the old cords and get new ones?
Maybe we don't see the problem clearly, we like pictures. :)

As always, right click and open link in new window for full resolution....

Edit: I think Militoy answered your question, though.

Attachments

Last edited:

Verkstad

If you are trying to dismantle connector on a trailer, The type of trailer connectors I have is the big rubber shell with the flap over the contact pins...

If you remove the hose clamp at the base end one can push the cable forward toward the pins and the whole inner pin-holding rubber grommet will push out. From there you can access the wires, change pins, whatever.

Since mine are all about 30 years old. I had to work a small screwdriver in between the rubber pin holding grommet and its metal shell and apply WD-40 and get that worked around the grommet well. Then the cable may easily push forward the grommet.
When finished, Clean off excess WD-40 and push it back together. Dont pull the cable, That can pull the contact pins out of the rubber grommet. Either use the mating connector socket or a section of tubing or something to press the rubber grommet only.

It goes back much easier than comes apart ! Don't forget the hoseclamp when it's done !

Good luck,
Jakob

Oldgrunt

Thanks Jakob, That was what I was looking for. Will try to get it apart tonight before making the trip to KY to pick-up the new Deuce. Thanks again Gimpy for the loan, hopefully we won't need the tow bar or the light cord. Kip and I will be dropping off the winch, tranny and other stuff at your place tomorrow morning early.

Brett

Tanner

Gentlemen -

Please direct your mouse to:

[URL]http://peigenesis.com/catRequest.html[/URL]

to get yourself a free Amphenol or Cannon catalog - or you can use the PDF files of the catalog that are available on our, Errr... I mean, THEIR website... :-D

I have it on 'good authority' that these guys offer a great & informative, well-written free catalog... :wink:

Look for the series of connector that you have & then go to the corresponding pages in the Amphenol or Cannon catalog to get the proper contact insert/extraction tool.

'Tanner' (PEI-Genesis Field Technical Sales Representative - NC/SC)

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Need to make a gender change on a cable received from Austin Weber and took the connector apart as shown here (compare verkstad's post above), a large socket and a 3 lb hammer.....
Ah yes, the great equalizing hammer removal tool. Good for just about everything.

Sarah

Extractor tool for Trailer Connector - MS75021-2

Hi Guys,

Whilst on the subject, I am trying to take the pins out of the vehicle trailer connector, part MS75021-2 (Bendix 8376209) and I'm not sure what connector generic type it is and what pin extractor/insertor I should get.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Regards,

Sarah

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
sarah i too need to take apart the one on the back of a 818 lets hope someone has a easy way. i just hate to cut those wires :roll:

Tanner

Hi Guys,

Whilst on the subject, I am trying to take the pins out of the vehicle trailer connector, part MS75021-2 (Bendix 8376209) and I'm not sure what connector generic type it is and what pin extractor/insertor I should get.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Regards,

Sarah

Hi Sarah -

In looking at the Amphenol website, it looks as though the MS75021-2 connector is in the MS Modified Cylindrical connectors catalog, like a Mil-DTL-5015 derivation... here are links to two APH catalog sections that might get you in headed right direction regarding your insert/extraction tool needs -

http://www.amphenol-aerospace.com/pdf/12-021.pdf

http://www.amphenol-aerospace.com/pdf/12-020.pdf

We don't show this listed in my books at PEI, but my UK division probably has more info -

Regards,

'Tanner'

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks