• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trailer for MEP-002A?

fireman5199

There is a thread on here for making an adapter for the lights and changing the bulbs on the trailer. http://www.steelsoldiers.com/trailers/31824-civy-truck-mil-trailer-wiring-info.html
The brakes are air over hydraulic so you could pull it without air you just won't have trailer brakes. The empty weight is around 2650 lbs. Utility Tool & Trailer, Inc.

I like the original set up with the 002 on the M116A2. It gives me room to store extra cords, fuel cans etc under the cover and isnt too huge.

Last edited:

fireman5199

doable, the 353 is made to tow behind a deuce so tounge hight i think is 32in. and its rated 3 1/2 ton a little overkill. this is the set up i use on my 103 behind my 1/2 ton chevy (same height).
As a side note I've been looking all over for a pic of your hitch glad you posted it again. Thanks[thumbzup] I am putting together something similar but am going to mount my light adapter to it too

SandBar

Full Time Patriot
This is all great, thanks.

Pardon the ignorance but... How does it attach? I have never owned a military trailer or truck, and that "loop" for lack of another word, does not look to hook up to anything I have. Do I need some sort of adapter?

derf

You mean the pintle hitch?

It is a common thing on heavy trailers and military stuff.

Search pintle on google and you will find all sorts of options.

fireman5199

The loop is called a lunette. You'll need a pintle hitch for your truck. The make several styles just Google. The thing bolted to the plate in jbk's pic is a pintle hook.

SandBar

Full Time Patriot
Ok, I have been educated :) I will get to shopping. This won't be my last question thread haha

SandBar

Full Time Patriot
In the spirit of not posting links, does this sound good?

CURT 48005 Receiver Mount Pintle Hook 10000 lbs Capacity

fireman5199

This thread helped me out alot with my generator.
MEP 002A and 003A - Steel Soldiers::Military Vehicles Supersite

That would work but a pintle mounting plate that slid into the receiver and then the hook would bolt on to would give alot more flexibility to get the ride height right. It's the top part of the set up in JBK's pic. I bought a fixed one like you found and am now going back to buy a plate and hook set up to level the trailer. Northern tool has had the best deals on the plates and Lowes on the hook that I have found.

Last edited:

SandBar

Full Time Patriot
Any idea what the inner diameter of the 353's hitch is (2.5 or 3 maybe)? Also what is the desired receiver height? I can go measure the height currently to figure out which plate I will need. Thanks.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In the spirit of not posting links, does this sound good?

CURT 48005 Receiver Mount Pintle Hook 10000 lbs Capacity
You are allowed to post links. The owners just don't want any auction links posted as they go dead later. Any useful information or pictures in the link will be then rendered useless. I link to a manufacturer or intenet sales site with what you are looking to purchase is ok as far as I know.

SandBar

Full Time Patriot
doable, the 353 is made to tow behind a deuce so tounge hight i think is 32in. and its rated 3 1/2 ton a little overkill. this is the set up i use on my 103 behind my 1/2 ton chevy (same height).
What is that double hitch piece called? I found plates for sale, but nothing that looks like that hitch portion.

jbk

thats the duel rec. i used from hf i welded a collar on that top reciever and that plate to beef it up. this will give you an added 4 in. in height to pull those higher deuce trailers.

SandBar

Full Time Patriot
Looks nice, want to weld me up one? :) I found some finally, and there all rated at 4000lbs or less. With the trailer I want the weight of it empty would push that I think. My RAM 2500 is a 4x4 on 315 tires so maybe I just need a really tall plate.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks