• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trailer from Wright Patterson - Finally

GPappy

Trailer from Drexel Gardens - Finally

Finally was able to pick up my M105 from auction 5199 back in May. Wasn't expecting to wait this long for the EUC but if finally got here. Met Andrew at Drexel Gardens around noon and was on our way back to Michigan by 1:30. Everything went very smoothly.

Pulling with a 3/4 Ton Silverado HD it pulled fine at 70mph and we made it the 310 miles home without incident. Guess I don't have an excuse not to start on the Deuce now.

The trailer had some shelving built into it and included a small aluminum ladder for getting in so it looks like this was used as some sort of parts or equipment trailer.

Last edited:

GPappy

Sorry about the pics. On my iPhone so not very good quality.

I took the cover off because I thought it might reduce the drag and reduce the chance of damaging it. It did make securing the lights a piece of cake. Magnetic mount to the top of the talgate and duct tape around the post. Also added some tie wraps to the rail for positive retention. Good old American overkill.

Attachments

KsM715

That first pic is a good perspective shot. Lets people know just how big these trailers are. Imagine trying to pull that around with something like a Jeep TJ?

jbingvtx

That first pic is a good perspective shot. Lets people know just how big these trailers are. Imagine trying to pull that around with something like a Jeep TJ?

It would be ok with a fully-customized off road TJ...rofl

I'm meeting DocFarmall and picking up my 2 M105s from Wright Patterson tomorrow...pics to follow

LoisHD

right trailer wrong place LOL

GPAPPY

You got the trailer pics right but your pickup was Drexel Gardens not Wright Patt.

Though I take care of both!:razz:

Glad you made it home safe and sound.

LoisHD

Either place one picks up from with andrew its always a great pleasure he is a great person to work with and will help any way he possibly can to make things easyer with your pickup . Today he getts the kornfield county saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalute thanks andrew wish all g/l people were as good as you!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

wikallen

another size comparison

I set my pintle up as high as it would go on my mount. It was right at 29.5" off the ground. My tailgate just clears it.

Attachments

GPappy

GPAPPY

You got the trailer pics right but your pickup was Drexel Gardens not Wright Patt.

Though I take care of both!:razz:

Glad you made it home safe and sound.

LoisHD
Wow, talk about being brain dead. I guess I had Wright Patterson on my mind because I kept hearing it on your cell phone message and it was the only other place I had won anything from.

Thanks for your assistance Andrew. This was my first vehicle related recovery that I have had from GL and I was apprehensive about it. You made it easy and I do appreciate it!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks