• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trailer ID help please

BitterClinger

If anyone has any info about what this trailer is used for or the value of it I would appreciate your input. I was told that this was an all aluminum trailer. It looks brand new, even the tires.image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy from College Station! A number of those sold out of Hooks, Tx last year. Where they came from can be anywhere (i hedge my bets on airbases) and the value is what you think it's worth. It does looks good.

3dAngus

Are those 5 lug wheels with 9x16 tires?
Also, is there a maximum tow speed stenciled on the side of the trailer?
I don't know the nomenclature but they look like they are more for warehousing or the flight line then highway use.

BitterClinger

The stencil on the side says max towing speed of 55 MPH. I'm not sure of the tire size and it does say rough terrain on the trailer.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Marine Corps used it on flight line to carry munitions. Tm is not released yet. Cool adjustable tie downs on bed surface.

A few have surfaced at Eglin, Barstow, Portsmouth, and Jacksonville.

Many did sell at Red River avg $700-900+. Many looked brand new. I was watching and wanting one but it did not happen... :-(

Are there some for sale close to you?

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Marine Corps used it on flight line to carry munitions. Tm is not released yet. Cool adjustable tie downs on bed surface.

Many did sell at Red River avg $700-900+. Many looked brand new. I was watching and wanting one but it did not happen... :-(

Not to my knowledge. I have never seen them before this thread.

BitterClinger

Yes, a guy has 4. Im buying the one pictured. I paid $1500 for pick of the litter, the one with the best stake beds and it looks brand new . He has 3 more to sell, and the wood in some of the stake beds is rotten on some, but they are otherwise in great shape.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The stakes and sides is the tough part. Most are sold without except the large batch at Red River almost all had sides.

Thanks for the info but more than my mad money at the moment.