• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trailer Identification 7x9

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This seems to be a specialized trailer with fold up tongue. Does anybody have any history on what this trailer was used for?

Attachments

Last edited:

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am trying to get the picture to show up, I knew I would catch some h.... for this. :)

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Where do the dollars go on these purchases, anybody know? General Fund/DOD/etc.????

3dAngus

Anyway, those are some of the neatest skid trailers I've seen...

HMMWV tires
Dual electric braking system, operable from a 12vdc system or 24vdc system electric controller.
Dual led lighting.
Lift up a-frame for easy compact storage.
Adjustable pintle on the trailer for multipurpose vehicle towing, either POV or deuce and anything in between.
4 8000 lb. landing legs for ultrastability.
2 retractable rollers up front for manueverability when disconnected.
Probably a one ton capacity for hauling. Much smaller axle and springs than a M105, probably closer to a M101A2.
Electric brake away system with battery and charger in case the trailer pulls off the vehicle in tow. Replacement Batteries are $12
I suspect they are specially built for FEMA National emergencies.
They are not NSN listed, and I didn't see serial number tags on them.
You'll probably have to put something on them to get them registered.

Last edited:

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
3D Angus thank you for all the data, looks like a nice trailer. I am now an informed soldier :)

Got your data Ron, Thanks!

3dAngus

I had to wait for the auction to get over to post. We're not allowed to discuss on going auctions. Hope you bought one though. I loved them. Those electric brakes could be rehosted, just by moving the entire axle, and in spite of the fact a M105 would have a reduced carrying capacity, it would be fantastic to rehost the axle with HMMWV tires, and lower height, so it would be easier to pull a M105 with a 1/2 ton pickup and electric brakes.

I wanted one or two, but have no room for anything else.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
3D we really were not talking about an auction in this thread were we?? We were talking about a trailer and the specs. I did not get one but armed with some additional knowledge I probably would have. :(

I guess being a newbie I would like to clarify the rules, so if we dont reference an auction or any other details, we still are not supposed to talk about items that may or may not be in an auction at any one time? Heck at any time any type of vehicle or other items may be on an auction list.

I did use a picture that I am sure a number of individuals could recognize. Sorry about that but I could not for the life of me find out what the heck this thing was.

PS Did one come your way?

3dAngus

No, not at all. I didn't mean that. I just didn't feel I should give anyone an advantage with details of an ongoing auction. Some people go up and preview these things at their expense, and it might be unfair for me to detail out the specifics of an ongoing auction, so I abstained from it until it was over. That's all. You didn't do anything wrong.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
3D Read you loud and clear and 10-4. Thanks for clarifying.

Remember it was not an auction conversation it was just trailer specs: lol

Steve

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Those went cheap....around 500 bucks each.

I put the min bid on all of them so I could watch them but got cold feet at the last minute and decided to save my credit line for something better coming in a few weeks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks