• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trailer lighting

Nick

Is there a need, or Calif requirement, to have clearence lights on the sides of an M101? I have the rear lights set but I'm wondering if I should put some form of lights on the sides, besides the reflectors. When i got the trailer it had those semi trailer style lights front and back. My PW is 6 volt so if i do, I need to do it with appropriate lights.

RKBA

Peterson Mfg. has a nice copy of the FMVSS for lights:

http://www.pmlights.com/requirements.cfm?type=8&chart=2

As I read this, for an M101 you would need at a minimum two stop/tail/turn lights, one license lamp, amber and red side markers, and reflex reflectors at all locations.

I don't have the CA standards, but I suspect they are the same or similar to the Feds.

Looking at your trailer pics, it appears that you could meet the standard by simply adding some run of the mill amber and red trailer side marker lights. The six issue reflectors meet the reflex requirement and you have your stop/tail turns on it already.

RKBA

That helps alot, thanks
You're very welcome.

I like your trailer by the way, your album has been inspirational with my M101A2 project. Those round vintage style tail lights look good; I think I will do the same thing with mine.

I also just saw some FMVSS approved 3/4" round LED marker lights. They are very slick and just mount in a round hole; that might be a nice solution for side markers on your trailer.

Nick

Thanks for the compliments. Check eBay, seller collectork. I got my turn signals from him, he has quite a stock of lights that he refurbs and sells on ebay.

That sounds nice. I got some Grote's (SIC) for the sides, and they are the semi trailers style, kinda stick out far. I was looking for something that would fit a little better. I kinda cant do LED's though, cuz Im gonna do the trailer and my Power Wagon in 6 volt.