• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trailer load

Guyfang

Staff member
Hello Guy,
thank you very much, but I think for the beginning I understood the system with the weights. In another thread someone asked about the towing capacity total. There it was said that the full size truck can pull 6500 pounds, in the military TM.
"you can tow a full size truck (6K) no problem with just about any full size truck. The military rating is 6500 pounds." It was posted by Westech in 2010.
Do you know where it says that?
I need as much info as possible to convince the inspector.
(2
TM 9-2320-289-10, Page 2-57, Para. 2-14, sub para. a, (PDF page # 96.

FA1008, M1008A1, M1028, M1028A1, M1028A2, and M1028A3, Equipped to tow
M101 Series 3/4 ton trailers with maximum towed load of 3100 Ibs. Load on tongue
should not exceed 300 Ibs.

Keith_J

Page 2-57 of the -10 TM specifies maximum trailer weight of 3100 pounds and tongue weight of 300 pounds with an M101 trailer. This trailer is the A1 variant with hydraulic surge brakes.

As long as the hitch is the stock pintle hook type, the TUV inspector must approve as the TM was written from the manufacturer's technical specification with the contract modifications to the stock vehicle.

Download TM 9-2320-289-10, get it printed and bound in a 3 ring. Have the front and back covers printed on manilla card stock, it will be as close to original as possible.

Guyfang

Staff member
Page 2-57 of the -10 TM specifies maximum trailer weight of 3100 pounds and tongue weight of 300 pounds with an M101 trailer. This trailer is the A1 variant with hydraulic surge brakes.

As long as the hitch is the stock pintle hook type, the TUV inspector must approve as the TM was written from the manufacturer's technical specification with the contract modifications to the stock vehicle.

Download TM 9-2320-289-10, get it printed and bound in a 3 ring. Have the front and back covers printed on manilla card stock, it will be as close to original as possible.
Great minds think alike.

If it would be so simple and logical, the original pintle hook type has no CE mark or similar, for the TÜV inspector a no go, no registration possible, no matter what is written in American papers.
I can only use the TM to convince him that the M1008 is allowed to pull a trailer.
In Germany most m1008 have 7700 lbs braked and 1650 lbs unbraked registered as towing capacity. Unfortunately, it has been forgotten at my time and now the rules are so crazy that nothing goes.

Guyfang

Staff member
If it would be so simple and logical, the original pintle hook type has no CE mark or similar, for the TÜV inspector a no go, no registration possible, no matter what is written in American papers.

Well.............................................................. No. The TÜV inspector is not required to accept anything without a CE mark, and he is not required to accept any document from a foreign land. He CAN, do so, but is not required. We assembled every document known to man, for my sons Drag Star. To no avail. This model was even sold here in Germany, with another name. But the same bike as was sold in the states. "This data means nothing to me. It is not in our catalog of vehicles, with German inspection." And you have no other recorse other then to submit you vehicle to be tested. And you better have BIG pockets to pay for it.

Well.............................................................. No. The TÜV inspector is not required to accept anything without a CE mark, and he is not required to accept any document from a foreign land. He CAN, do so, but is not required. We assembled every document known to man, for my sons Drag Star. To no avail. This model was even sold here in Germany, with another name. But the same bike as was sold in the states. "This data means nothing to me. It is not in our catalog of vehicles, with German inspection." And you have no other recorse other then to submit you vehicle to be tested. And you better have BIG pockets to pay for it.
Yes so it is unfortunately, the old inspectors could still read and think, the young can only read. We'll see what happens next week, now I found today a German description of the K30, where also the permissible trailer load capcity is described. let's see how it all goes out.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Yes, and because they can read, they believe they can think.

This disease is not limited to Germany.
Agreed! Stupidity isn't restricted to one country or another. Same here in North Carolina. I have had experiences in one location that made me want to strangle somebody. Get in the vehicle, ride a few miles to another county - and suddenly the problem is NOT a problem.

Definitely go try some other location with the ability to do what you need.

Hello from Germany,
I was this week with all the Unterlagen( TM's, German description of the K30, decryption of the Vin, etc) again at the TÜV, result nothing.
No registration.
He wants a letter from GM confirming the towing capacity of the m 1008 with my VIN on it.
Can anyone tell me who to contact at GM?
Or does anyone have a GM representative who can and wants to write such a letter.
It just has to say VIN number XXXXXXXXXXX is rated for 7700 lbs braked and 1650 lbs unbraked with appropriate trailer hitch.
The whole thing on GM paper and with signature and stamp.
Now I have asked another inspector, he wants to look at the thing in the next two weeks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks