• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trailer Numbers?

Capehenery

Had not noticed the numbers on the back of the trailer till the paint was wet. Numbers must be under the paint or just really faded.

157 BDE 1 * 314-IN Trailer is a 1953 M105A1 Anyone have an idea of what they might be? I'm thinking 157 BDE is 157th Brigade?

IMG_2649.jpgIMG_2651.jpgIMG_2652.jpgIMG_2654.jpgphoto21.jpg

Data Plate shows
Federal Stock Number 13 1380
Manufacture Fruehauf Trailer Co.
Manufacture Serial No AV279613
Contract Number DA 20-113 ORD11962

WILDBOY6X6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
HI YUP it is, the rest is 1/314 IN it is 1st battalion of the 314th Infantry Division, the other side would have the bumper # like T-123 or just a # 123 etc.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
1/314IN 1st Battalion 314 Infantry Regiment. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/314th_Infantry_Regiment_(United_States)

157 IN BDE http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/157th_Infantry_Brigade_(United_States)

GOOGLE is your friend.

Right side will be the company letter (A, B, C, HQ, HSC or potentially other letters) followed by the vehicle administration number followed by a T for trailer. So HQ21T would most likely be the trailer for the deuce/5t that supported the S2 staff section (Intelligence) for the battalion.

Capehenery

Thank You guys I had an idea but being new I wanted confirmation. The info for the right side helps because that is covered with many layers. Now to decide if its worth restoring?

Last edited:

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Not real rare but they are nearing the end of being sold out at GL (still quite a few to come just not the vast plethora like the past). I bought one for $177 from GL in 2008 that had went from being rebuilt straight to me buying it. So unless you already have access to all the stuff to refurb it, I personally would dump it and look for a better one. I'm sure there are others on here that will disagree but that's my assessment.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks