• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trailer tail light upgrade m146

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
AS I was following KCCLAY home last week after our dual M146 recovery I really noticed how hard it was to see his signal and brake light. His and my M146's still had the early M series lights. Turned out is is an easy fix all you need is 30 mins 9/16 wrench, 2 late M series tail lights and 4 2 1/2" long 5/16 bolts. They stick out past the dock rail but both doors will clear.

Attachments

Flyingvan911

The larger lights will help alot. When I was following Allan after picking up the 105's from your place I noticed how hard the little armored lights are to see. You have to really look for them to see them well.

rednckii

my m105 had the same early lights i cut off old brackets and welded on new ones put a set of led taillights on it. Look good now i can make a harness so cantow with both 12v or 24v.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
All the 146 trailers that we in the auction mine came from all still had old school tail lights. With some MV's it is not a straight bolt on to convert to composite lights. M275 has them but my buddies doesn't and we are going to fab a bracket . I happened to see a rear shot of RAYZER's mobile palace and it looked like a straight bolt on, so thought I would give it a go.

Attachments

RAYZER

I looked at mine and it don't look like it was a straight swap,they had to hack out some of the i beam to get the new lights to fit and welded a plate over the old hole on the r side,then re drilled.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
RAYZER are yours recessed into the the back of the box? The back of my tail lights are surface mounted, if you look close mine stick out a couple of inches past the dock rail, the old ones were flush with it.

Jakelc15

Mine are recessed too. I was thinking of adding a set just inside the mud flaps. The old style light is very hard to see.

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Addition to old thread.
Noticed the lights added just below the originals on this trailer a while back in a DRMO lot.
51782868 .jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks