• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trailer title, tags, and taxes in North Carolina in about 15 minutes!

ecupirate

Just wanted to post up here about a good experience I had with the NC DMV. I know good experience and the NC DMV are an oxymoron but anyway here is my success story, hopefully it may help clear some confusion for fellow members looking to title and tag trailers in NC. I have a m101A3 I bought in 2011, I just got around to requesting the SF97 from GL. GL took about two weeks from initiation to SF97 in hand. I was dreading what was next and that was dealing with the local DMV office and getting this thing titled and tagged. I went to the Clinton, NC DMV contract office and presented them with everything GL had sent me, Notarized SF97, Bill of Sale, and memo from GL that explains the SF97 being transferred to the buyer(me). The lady looked it all over and said there may be some issues since the VIN for the trailer was 157.....she starts keying everything in and bam...titled, tags, and county taxes paid all at one time, 70 or so bucks out the door, even my three digit VIN didnt' cause an issue. Of course title will take two weeks to get in mail but I walked out with tags and registration. I was very pleased with how easy the whole process went, if your local DMV is giving you grief and you are within an hour or so of Clinton it may serve you well to head down here and deal with these folks.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Glad you had luck there. Mine in Spring Lake was similar for the 1977 M880, I have a year from initial plate issue to have an inspection done for verification of antique plates. took me about 20 min, and a few more bucks. Glad NC seems to be decent on this, still wish we had a good looking HMV/Historic plate though (even with the year of manufacture display plate laws).

nayrbrellim

Just wanted to post up here about a good experience I had with the NC DMV. I know good experience and the NC DMV are an oxymoron but anyway here is my success story, hopefully it may help clear some confusion for fellow members looking to title and tag trailers in NC. I have a m101A3 I bought in 2011, I just got around to requesting the SF97 from GL. GL took about two weeks from initiation to SF97 in hand. I was dreading what was next and that was dealing with the local DMV office and getting this thing titled and tagged. I went to the Clinton, NC DMV contract office and presented them with everything GL had sent me, Notarized SF97, Bill of Sale, and memo from GL that explains the SF97 being transferred to the buyer(me). The lady looked it all over and said there may be some issues since the VIN for the trailer was 157.....she starts keying everything in and bam...titled, tags, and county taxes paid all at one time, 70 or so bucks out the door, even my three digit VIN didnt' cause an issue. Of course title will take two weeks to get in mail but I walked out with tags and registration. I was very pleased with how easy the whole process went, if your local DMV is giving you grief and you are within an hour or so of Clinton it may serve you well to head down here and deal with these folks.
Clinton is about 3 hours or so away from us, I just bought a military trailer from a guy in Georgia and we are getting a different story from everyone we talk to at NCDMV

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks