• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trailer Tongue Toolbox

dnote

I need a toolbox for my M101A2. I want the kind that sits on the tongue of the trailer but my spare will be mounted to the front of the tub which doesnt leave much space. Ive googled to no avail for a box that is 18" wide in the back, 12" in the front, and 10" front to back. Height doesnt matter.
Anyone ever see one this small? Every **** one I have found is at least 2 ft wide.

gungearz

You can fabricate a box out of sheet metal for a nice custom fit or you can mount a heavy duty plastic tote to it... I don't think there's a tongue tool box out there that will fit it good...

MarkM

CODE BROWN...It's all going to sh~t !
Steel Soldiers Supporter
One box that I have seen that works well comes from the generator trailer. Hard to find but sure fits the bill if you can locate one. Why don't you mount the spare on this inside out of the way? I know it takes up a little space inside but it's really not much.

Mark

IMG_5214__s.jpg

toolbox.jpg

20140805_111358.jpg

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Don't forget about the 20mm cans, they are nice and big. With the spare behind it, it would look proportional too.

Jeepsinker

The 20mm can is about three times the size of the 40mm can, but is just as long. If you set two 40mm cans side by side and then layed another on top of them but on it's side, you have about the same cross section as the 20mm.

dnote

Looking proportional is good but I only have so much space to work with. I'll check them out. Whatever I get can't hang over the sides of the tongue too far or it'll hit the truck in a right turn.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks