• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

trailer wheel type help

dirtyfingernails

Guys, I won this trailer and genset on GL. I plan on going out (once the EUC clears) and just towing it back behind my F250. I want to get a spare wheel and tire for it before I go out there. But I don't know what type of rim or tire size to get. It looks like an 8 lug wheel but I can't tell. Anybody know what rim this is and the bolt pattern and spacing? Oh, anybody got a spare they want to sell? Thanks!
Steve

Attachments

papercu

wheel

That looks like the one with the HMMWV/CUCV wheel, if so most any 8 lug steel Forrd, Chevy or Dodge rim will fit. Wayne

From the TM:
Size . . . 37X12.50R16.5 LT
or
Rim size....16 x 6.5 in. (43 x 16 cm)

papercu

wheel

I don't know about the newer Ford rims. I think there was a change on them.
I'm thinking about the 1980s thru early 1990s rims. But as long as they are not the ones with a locking ring most anyone can change a flat. Wayne

tnronin

This thread is answering a question I have posted on another thread. How can a person tell what type of lug pattern (metric etc) is on a rim? I'm going to buy some rims and wheels for my M105 and I would like to avoid wasting $100.

Wolf.Dose

The rims look like standard 8 stud rims (6 1/2 x 16) with standard 235/85R16 LR E tires, same as the Pick-ups of the CUCV series. If the Ford 8 stud rims have the same back space, they should work.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks