• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

trailer wheel type help

dirtyfingernails

Guys, I won this trailer and genset on GL. I plan on going out (once the EUC clears) and just towing it back behind my F250. I want to get a spare wheel and tire for it before I go out there. But I don't know what type of rim or tire size to get. It looks like an 8 lug wheel but I can't tell. Anybody know what rim this is and the bolt pattern and spacing? Oh, anybody got a spare they want to sell? Thanks!
Steve

Attachments

papercu

wheel

That looks like the one with the HMMWV/CUCV wheel, if so most any 8 lug steel Forrd, Chevy or Dodge rim will fit. Wayne

From the TM:
Size . . . 37X12.50R16.5 LT
or
Rim size....16 x 6.5 in. (43 x 16 cm)

papercu

wheel

I don't know about the newer Ford rims. I think there was a change on them.
I'm thinking about the 1980s thru early 1990s rims. But as long as they are not the ones with a locking ring most anyone can change a flat. Wayne

tnronin

This thread is answering a question I have posted on another thread. How can a person tell what type of lug pattern (metric etc) is on a rim? I'm going to buy some rims and wheels for my M105 and I would like to avoid wasting $100.

Wolf.Dose

The rims look like standard 8 stud rims (6 1/2 x 16) with standard 235/85R16 LR E tires, same as the Pick-ups of the CUCV series. If the Ford 8 stud rims have the same back space, they should work.