• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trailer Wiring

Croatan_Kid

I rewired my trailer today and I was messing around with the miltary trailer plug. I figured out what holes do what when using a 4-prong, flat wire, but with it hooked to the trailer, the turn signals are very slow blinking and don't like to work.

Should I just go under the truck and splice into the turn signal, tail light, and brake light wires?

BTW:

H - ground (white wire)
B - left signal (yellow)
J - right signal (green)
E - tail lights (brown)

JohnFire

I would put a heavy duty flasher unit in your truck, they are 10-12 dollars instead of the 2-3 for a regular one fixed my trailer signal light issues. Mine had acted a bit screwy.

blackout

my truck did the same thing i cleaned all the grounds i found now it works great britest trailer lights i ever had they are so brite i had to check to see if there was 24 volt going in there but it was 12 volt

AJMBLAZER

The guys here usually find a military trailer plug, cut it in half, then combine the truck end with a civilian plug end and wallah, instant civilian trailer plug.

I bought a 4 plug harness for Big Ugly that just plugs into the tail light wiring...however I have to fix my tail light wiring to get it to work right now.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Devilman,

You need to offer the INVERSE of that.. Something that allows a civy truck with a 4 wire or 7 wire to pull a mil trailer with the mil plug......

devilman96

It would take a lot more to add the 7 wire to the truck... On a CUCV for example I would need to build a harness for the truck it's self including replacment Mil plug, GM weather tight plugs, fuse block, etc in order to make the whole deal "plug and play"... I prolly have all of the parts I need as I stock almost every GM connector ever made (in my personal collection of stuff) but It would be an expensive little build to say the least... 200$+ (just guessing).

If its something you "have to have" I'll build you one... Everything will plug in nice and neat, install in about 20 mins, but its not a $20 idea.

mangus580

For towing my M116 with the wife's Suburban, I just got some bullet nose connectors and a flat 4 plug. I found the right wires under the junction cover on the frame rail of the trailer. Unplugged the appropriate wires and plugged the bullet nosed conenctors in its place. If you were really fancy, you could put packards on in their place, and still have a waterproof connection.

AJMBLAZER

Yowza, it was just a thought. No real need anyways as my trailer is about M101 size and capacity but civilian so probably weighs half as much. Flat four is all it has for a connector. Thanks though.

four_by_ken

It would take a lot more to add the 7 wire to the truck... On a CUCV for example I would need to build a harness for the truck it's self including replacment Mil plug, GM weather tight plugs, fuse block, etc in order to make the whole deal "plug and play"... I prolly have all of the parts I need as I stock almost every GM connector ever made (in my personal collection of stuff) but It would be an expensive little build to say the least... 200$+ (just guessing).

If its something you "have to have" I'll build you one... Everything will plug in nice and neat, install in about 20 mins, but its not a $20 idea.

Did you ever go any further with this idea?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks